what's the meaning of life?
............................................?
This was in my signature a while back.

life: noun
The period of time between birth and death.

Um... To discover the location of Reziarfg and the Secret Chicken Level.

Seriously, though. To have kids to carry on your genes. Or something.
life: noun
The period of time between birth and death.

I thought the answer was 42.
Read Heraclitus. Maybe you'll find your answer there (or rather a lack thereof of a definable answer). Or if you are looking for another point of view, try Aristotle. He argues the ultimate goal or end is happiness. I suppose that could be taken to be the 'meaning' of life. Go to the library and check out Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle if you wan't to hear his arguement. Or you could always go the way of the nihilist...

(/nihilism)"What's the meaning of life?" is a loaded question. This would require a definition of 'life' and 'meaning.' Are they relative or is there an absolute to these definitions? The question also presupposes that there is a meaning. Is 'the meaning' singular, or a collection of many things which comes together into one fufilling 'meaning'? If an absolute answer is sought, presuppositions must be answered. If its relative, then there is no reason for debate, its all relative!(/end nihilism) Oy vey. I love how silly and dogmatic philosophy gets. :lol:

My answer? To find a Grandfather. Year's of playing and that sword won't drop! At this point I've dreamt so long about it, I'm convinced that it will complete, and therefore give meaning, to my life! :P

-Munk

Edit: Forgot an ever important quesion mark.
I would hazard a guess that, at its most basic level, life is basically about passing on one's genetic information.

Or it could be about finding the elusive Secret Oxen Level. Who knows, really?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Directly from the Arreat Summit.

Quote:Reziarfg (Demon)

Spawned from the very bowels of the skulking Stygian Beast who awakens only once every 1000 years to feed off the spawn of its own bile and pus, the Reziarfg is truly the most hideous and vile monster in all of the Three’s bestiary. It was once said that the Three did not always rule the darkness that beasts beyond thought swelled and slithered across the void. It is believed that some of these nightmares may still exist hidden deep with in the pitch of the abyss where even the darkness of the upper realms of hell seems like day. This is where Reziarfg lives.

Mwaaaaaa hah hah hah hah hah HAH!
I have my own signature. Yay.
No, thats the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
Seas,Jun 21 2004, 07:36 PM Wrote:............................................?
The meaning of life could be one of the following:

* The meaning of life is to live, meaning there is no ultimate goal to life, but that the journey one takes to one's end is the meaning of life itself
* The meaning of life is to procreate and make this world a better place than it was when you first entered. To be the caretakers of the world, as God intented us to be, to rule over land and animal (and stupid people.)
* The meaning of life is to secure the defences of The Lurkerlounge for the upcoming apocalyptic battle between good and stupid. (aka "evil".)
* The meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life.
* As Munkay (and Aristotle) said; the meaning of life is to attain pure and perfect happiness.

.. or it could be something else entirely such as making silly threads without contributing to the discussion.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
An ever-twisting run through the labyrinth in the center of the world to avoid the Destructo-Duck, as no life long endures within its presence.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I usually watch Monty Python on that one.

A more cryptic answer could be the meaning of life is to live, but then what is to live? You could go on forever like a three year old asking "why" for everything you say.

The meaning of life is what you make of it. Live it to what you think it is.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Beer, and the possibility of enjoying more beer.
Feh. Beer sucks.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Hi,

No. NO. NOOOO! Beer doesn't suck, it *gets* sucked.

Beer, is much like sex, the worst is pretty good :) Although I am partial to (cheap) Merlot :)^2

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Jun 21 2004, 09:15 PM Wrote:much like sex, the worst is pretty good
:blink:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Hi,

Life is. It is a condition describing itself -- it has no other meaning. It is a self propagating chemical process that for most of its three billion year history was unquestioned. And then, in the last few hundreds of thousands of years, a species invented "Why?", not realizing that that is the unanswerable question. Unless "Because!" is an answer.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Is to die, restart in town, and go get your stuff back.

-Lemmy
Unless you're an idiot HC die-hard :P
Life seems to precede meaning, not the other way around.

Jester
Quote: Unless you're an idiot HC die-hard 

I said "die, restart in town, and go get your stuff back" not "die, restart in town, and go get your stuff back, or optionally newgame and get your gear off your corpse after the benevolent Lost'n'Found pixies conveniently carry it back to town," you D2 weirdo.

-Lemmy
But there's no restarting in town in the dark, red world of Hardcore. Which is exactly why I hate HC ^_^

And running nude, manically through legions of Doom Knights and Venom Lords to get to your corpse is more fun than actually playing D2 :)