Retirement...
Greetings to friends all....

I've come to a point in my life where I'm faced with hard decisions, and being the result of which make this a rather hard thing for me to do, considering my history...

It has become the time for me to retire from the gaming world. :blink: (My God, did I actually say that?) The decision doesn't come lightly, nor can I honestly say that I am happy to do so.

There's only so much time in a day for such things which include a beautiful wife, two beautiful daughters, a career, a commute time (which is really not that much of a problem), and all the other things that a person needs to do to keep a household up and running.

And so, the WoW Beta is the last game that I will be playing. Once the Beta is finished, I am signing off for good, and returning back into the ranks of the Lurkers, but probably deeper back into the shadows than ever before. Though I will still have Diablo II installed, I doubt that it will be often, if at all, that I will be coming back out onto Bnet to team up with those of you that have been my friends and battle companions for the last 7 years (wow.... it's been that long?).

I post this here, primarily because those of you that I have known, or spoken to over the years have been keeping up with this forum, and I didn't want this to get lost in "The Lounge," primarily since a vast majority of the people posting in there have no clue who I am. Therefore, I also must apologize for the off-topic post.

I'm sure that I'll post something further about this when the time comes for the Beta to end, and for me to depart the ranks of the gamers of great, my fellow Lurkers. You have all been great friends, helping me through tough times in the past, and I'll be happy to repay the favor(s) for you in the future.

Thanks for everything, everyone.

SaxyCorp
Hi,

Well, if you must ("was man muss" -- try your Google-Fu :) ), then you should want to -- some damned German philosopher or other. After the Greeks, the Germans turned out more philosophers per capita than any other culture. And to this day, no one understands a one of them (the Germans claim they do, but that is one of the twelve basic unprovable propositions (much like Ford is better than Chevy)) :)

While one cannot give oneself unreservedly to one's avocations and still have reasonable relationships, one can still devote some time to them in a balanced life. Though I am no Buddhist, and mine is the ninth way, may you find balance and some degree of happiness.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Gasp! :o

Balance is a good thing! (While I may seem unbalanced at times, it's true!)
Even better is spending time with wife and daughters. Hey, with some luck,
maybe they'll take up an interest in computer gaming and you can get the
best of both worlds. ;)

Best wishes Saxy!
Charis
Best wishes
Pete,Jun 22 2004, 02:46 AM Wrote:After the Greeks, the Germans turned out more philosophers per capita than any other culture.  And to this day, no one understands a one of them (the Germans claim they do, but that is one of the twelve basic unprovable propositions
Hi

We don't understand them either, but we don't admit it :rolleyes:

good karma

P.S. "was muß, das muß" is just a traditional German saying anyway.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”