Ancients
Hi

Last night my ShockPala had just made level 37 (ladder HC), so I took on the Ancients and won. The result: I got some experience but was still level 37 :angry:

Has this happened to anyone else or am I just "lucky"?

good karma

Edit

The AS is quite clear that instead of a fixed amount of experience you get ONE level since v 1.10.
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Clicky.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Assur,Jun 18 2004, 07:54 AM Wrote:The AS is quite clear that instead of a fixed amount of experience you get ONE level since v 1.10.
MMm.... I seem to be reading a different page than you then.

Quote:http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/quests/act5.shtml
Reward: The maximum experience gain is limited to 1 character level.
It says, the max gain is 1 level, it doesn't say you will gain 1 level everytime.
Although, this doesn't mean much as the AS has had different information about the same thing on two different pages in the past.

Hope this explains it for you.

Laters,
Baal.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
Hi

The way I understood the AS was that one would gain 1 level. If I understand you correctly, one gets a certain amount of points and can only gain 1 level at most, but does not necessarily advance 1 level if the char is to high already!?

I'm just curious because a few days ago one of my Necros (at the moment I usually go solo because there is to much stress in partys), who was of a higher level recieved 1 level.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
When you say one level, do you mean that the experience bar overlapped and went back to its original place, and giving you the level? Or where you like a running-mans distance away from a level?
You have never stated what difficulty level you completed ancients in. You wont get the quest reward if you are to low lvl for your difficulty.

20 for normal
40 for nightmare
60 for hell

If you did ancient at lvl 37 in normal, where i belive the xp reward is quite low, you would not gain a lvl, in nightmare you would not get the quest at all.
Hallo!

Ok, so you get the stated experience IF it does not bump you with more than one level. If it'd do so, you get max 1 lev; it feels that the limit is putting you to have the same % of experience needed to next level as you had before (like, you had your exp bar full to the middle, it'll stay full to the middle on the next level up).

It's like as if the pseudo-code'd be something like:

chance = (exp - prev_lev_up)/(next_lev_up - prev_lev_up);
limit = (next_next_lev_up - next_lev_up) * chance;
IF (exp + reward > limit) exp = limit
ELSE exp += reward;

where exp is your current experience, prev_lev_up the exp needed to attain your current level, next_lev_up the exp needed to attain the next level, next_next_lev_up the exp needed to attain the level after that, and reward the exp given after the completion of the quest.
If you have already beat the ancients before, You do not get a level each time you beat them. You only gain a level the first time. But if it was the first time you beat them, then you should gain a lvl. Because when you kill the ancients, A script activates to boost your lvl by 1. So if you didnt level up, That script did not activate. Well it isnt such a big deal anyway just ask someone to telebaal you <_<
I read that there is a clvl requirement to get the xp points. In hell it is 60. This is to prevent low level characters from coming in with buffed ones and gettign a free pass.
MikethemizJR,Oct 27 2004, 10:05 PM Wrote:But if it was the first time you beat them, then you should gain a lvl. Because when you kill the ancients, A script activates to boost your lvl by 1.
[right][snapback]58404[/snapback][/right]

This isn't true.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Reply to VMXA's post

This is true. When you kill the ancients in normal, You must be level 20 or higher to get a level up. In nm, It is 40, and in hell 60. I dont know if you can kill them again when you are level 20 and get a level up, but if you cant, then tough luck pal :P
MikethemizJR,Oct 31 2004, 12:47 PM Wrote:Reply to VMXA's post

This is true. When you kill the ancients in normal, You must be level 20 or higher to get a level up. In nm, It is 40, and in hell 60. I dont know if you can&nbsp; kill them again when you are level 20 and get a level up, but if you cant, then tough luck pal&nbsp; &nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]58704[/snapback][/right]

You don't know what you're talking about.
Reward: Bonus to your Experience. Normal: 1.4 million, Clvl 20 required. Nightmare: 20 million, Clvl 40 required. Hell: 40 million, Clvl 60 required. This bonus is not cut like experience from monster kills when you are past Clvl 75, so this quest is always a huge boost, but if you can save it (borrow a portal to the Worldstone Keep) until you are Clvl 80 or 85 it's even more valuable.

This is from :
http://www.diabloii.net/quests/act-five-pg2.shtml#q5

My nderstanding is this was done to stop players from getting the boost in parties with high leve characters and they were low level.
vmxa,Oct 31 2004, 04:45 PM Wrote:(borrow a portal to the Worldstone Keep)
[right][snapback]58724[/snapback][/right]
I thought in 1.10 you had to do ancients before it was possible to even go into the worldstone keep. I know you can get the baal quest if someone else in your party gets teh quest, but that works on pretty much all the quests I think (I've confirmed it with duriel).
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.