Alliance Guild: The Lounging Lurkers
The new guild interface is really spiffy. Player notes, rank notes, a detailed privilege system, ability to create new ranks, ability to name ranks whatever you like, messages of the day, etc etc. Anyhow, the Lounging Lurkers is still active. Please join channel Lurkers (/join Lurkers) if you're not in the guild yet with a character and you want to be added. Hopefully someone still has a character who is an officer and above so they can add you.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
And while we're at it, if you've decided to try out the FvF server, join the Lurkers channel there by typing "/join Lurkers". I know Leme and I have dark elves over there, named Lem and Neriad, respectively. Look us up! Maybe we can create a Lurker's guild there at some point.
I'm a packrat and save everything, including characters -- I still have Sehra (Gosh, I think that's the right spelling but I'm not sure now that I look at it.) who should be an officer in the original Alliance side guild. If you don't see her, I'm probably on as Serah on the Horde side. Just nudge me and I'll swap to invite you.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Now here's a question for you....

Since I have two characters that are officers in the Guild, can I have my 'Din join the guild, and promote him with on of my other characters? That would save the trouble of trying to find someone that is in the guild and then save them the trouble of adding me from there...

SaxyCorp
You can't invite offline characters into the guild and cannot obviously log in with both at the same time. However my new warrior Shalandrax is an officer and I can invite you if you invite my bigger Alliance Toon. ;)
Everyone - as you join the guild, PLEASE use the Public Note feature to set a public note on your characters saying what your Lurker Lounge forum name is. I have a very hard time keeping track, and I hate having to ask someone who they are when I forget, because I know it can be rude after the 10th time reminding me. Unless you have an obvious char name (i.e. Bolty, DeeBye), please use the Public Note feature to say who you are. Users can then at-a-glance in the Guild tab see who anyone is. Also, please remind anyone who hasn't done so to do it. Thanks!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jun 22 2004, 10:32 PM Wrote:Everyone - as you join the guild, PLEASE use the Public Note feature to set a public note on your characters saying what your Lurker Lounge forum name is.
I will echo this, and raise you a tutorial.

Assuming you have already been inducted into the exclusive ranks of the Lounging Lurkers, select the Social menu ("o").

That will bring you to this screen.
[Image: guildmenu1.jpg]

Highlight your character's name and left click. Hover over the really tiny Public Note icon and click again.
[Image: guildmenu2.jpg]

Click the text area (where my hand icon is pointing), and the Set Player Note window will pop up. Type your text here and click "Accept".

[Image: guildmenu3.jpg]
Update: our guild tabard has been set on the Alliance side. Here's a shot of the Night Elf priest CleoBoltra sporting the new digs:

[Image: wow42.jpg]

-Bolty
Nice. At least it was not that 'hot pink' color. ;)
Speaking of the guild... do we want to set up something like a post so that we can trade items? I know that I find some nice things once in a while, but it's usually when no one else is around. I'd rather give this stuff to one of you in the guild than vendor them (and I'm not much of a salesman).
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
It would be nice if guilds had something like a bank account. It would be handy to pool extra herbs, etc.

OTOH, that might just make things too easy.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
What I've been doing lately is saving the items; just like in Diablo 2, my 1st and 2nd push characters are simply mules now. I mail the good items to them for safe keeping, with the intention of trading/giving them away later. Or, perhaps for use with a new character, the equivalent of D2 twinking.

The only potential problem is bag storage; save any bags you come across. My mule right now has three 8 slot bags and a 6 slot. Combine that with the bank storage, and he's got plenty of space for now.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Guild tabard PURCHASED!

[Image: guildtabard.jpg]

(I voted for hot pink, but this will do nicely)