BoneMancer
I'm Thinking Of Buildina Hardcore BoneMancer But I'm Not Pretty Shure How To. I Think Of Somethink Like That:

20 Teeth
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
20 Bone Prison
20 Lower Resist
3 Bone Wall
1 Bone Armor
1 Corpse Explosion
6 Lower Resist PreRequest

What Do You Think About It? And What Is The Best Armor For Necro? Trong`Oul? And (again) What Str and Dex Do I Need
Why do you Drink and Drive,
when you can Smoke and Fly ?!

Sex, Beers, Rock'n'Roll \m/*\m/

Ever Stop To Think, And Forget To Start Again ?
Take a look through this thread.

There are quite a lot of ideas there. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

For the love of all that's holy give the shift key a rest.
I am a smartass. I like to give advice. I like to talk about boners, since they are the funnest builds (for me at least). SO, here it goes:

1). LOWER RESIST
It does not attact spear/spirit damage. 0 points.

2). DECREPTIFY
It is truly a life saver. Slows, -dam red, -dam. Great 1-pointer.

3). REVIVE
People say: why? I say: why not? Especially if it is HC, and if you have +all or +necro skills, the 1(4) points into revive are really worth it (4 with prereqs, including mastery). A couple of moving walls, very nice (especially if you can teleport).

4). GOOOOOLEM!
Re-castable. Awesome. I'd even go as far as FIRE golem (the aura draws the monsters away from you, big-big plus).

5). BONE SKILLS
By the time teeth becomes powerful, it is not powerful enough. Trust me on this. If I was you (that's not true, I am me, but anyway) I'd go 20 wall, prison, spear, spirit. This gives you a VERY powerful armor (and you need it, trust me on that too). I'd put the rest to teeth. (Yes, you'll have rest. This character is SO MUCH FUN to play, getting to lev 8x is a breeze!).

----------------
EQUIPMENT
Another trust-me-on-this issue: GUARDIAN ANGEL.
Why? WHY NOT!
Seriously, FASTER BLOCK (people always underestimate this), MORE BLOCK (=less dex for max block => more life => less death. In HC, this might be more important).
MAX RESIST: my necro runs around with 90/all, 95% light resist. Gloams? HAH! They HEAL me (yes, I wear Tgods as well).
Seriously mate, this equipment is HARD to beat. With 9x resall, 75% block and 600+ armor, your character just WILL NEVER DIE.

Yes. Revives do help. They really do. No bloody sarcasm. GET REVIVES, GET GA!
Oh Yeaaaah. I Just Can Feel IP Banned Soon. Away The Fact I've Postet The Topic In Wrong Forum. . . Ahhhhh. . . The Shift Key. . . I Just Love Pushing That Key :rolleyes:

Caaroid, 10X Man, You Saved My Miserable Life :) What About One More Advice: How Much Str And Dex I Need ?

BadBoyBoogie,Jun 15 2004, 08:08 PM Wrote:Caaroid, 10X Man, You Saved My Miserable Life :) What About One More Advice: How Much Str And Dex I Need ?
Standard reply: However much your equipment requires.

And, seconded: The only reason I've every found people to capitalize the first letter in every word is because they feel that it makes whatevery they're saying seem more important. This is not true. It makes whatever they're saying seem more annoying.
Bob the Beholder,Jun 15 2004, 09:00 PM Wrote:And, seconded:  The only reason I've every found people to capitalize the first letter in every word is because they feel that it makes whatevery they're saying seem more important.  This is not true.  It makes whatever they're saying seem more annoying.
Hmmmmm. . . nope it's not that. Like I said I just love pushin' that key. Just keep on pushin' and pushin' and so on. I just more like it when every word is capitalized. If I wished to make what I'm saying look more important I would do something like that:

:o WoooOO0OOoooW :o

P.S. WoW That edit option is lifesaving.

But are you a real Boner if you've got half of the cold plains following you around?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Jun 16 2004, 06:33 AM Wrote:But are you a real Boner if you've got half of the cold plains following you around?
Why not? If you also have 80 points spent in bone spells? Btw I've found the attract curse pretty usefull. I'll really enjoy the look of a bunch of Minions Of Destruction fighting The Tormentor B)

Play as one wills, just not a "pure" bone-spells (Boner) necromancer if you're resorting to such petty things as "pets" and "curses". :D

Was playing a Mojomancer a few patches back. Given that most curses are one-point-wonders, ended up investing alot in golems.

Not really a mojo-man if you end up relying on a golly. Kinda took away from the experience.
Nope. That's not what a real boner is. (Jeez, that's cheap.)

Anyway. I like my 7 revives, thank you. Call me what you will :P.
Read my private message to you. It was sent before this last post, but you apparently cannot be bothered to pay sufficient attention to the way this forum works to have read it yet.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Oooooooor. . . Maybe I didn't saw it ?

Decrepify has -damage% and -physical resistance%. You need the "%". :)

Quote:the 1(4) points into revive are really worth it (4 with prereqs, including mastery)
Actually, there are 7 (including mastery) points into it. Iron Golem is a prerequisite. So you need Clay+Blood+Iron Golem.
Quote: Decrepify has -damage% and -physical resistance%. You need the "%"
No I don't :) It's not eloquent, but understandable. That's enough :P.

Quote:Iron Golem is a prerequisite. So you need Clay+Blood+Iron Golem.
Well, I did say get Fire Golem. It's cheating counting the same prerequisites twice :P.
Iron Maiden seems to work pretty well along whit Bone Prison. I'm thinking of spending on it atleast 5 points. It also works good whit my boner :D

You get no exp from IM/Prison kills. It's also next to useless in PVP.
Hmmmm. . . to late. But anyway why useless? Lets say a Shifting druid whit fury. Bone Prison\Maiden and hell get 3times his damage per every hit. Plus I'll be right there, seafly releasing Bone Spirits ;)

Because if he has a brainstem, he'll know not to start using Fury on your prison. Also, most high level duelers will have Engima. Unless your in an organized competition that bans it.
Even if he were to fury the prison, IM would be reflecting a tiny fraction (either 1/16th or 1/10th of his listed damage, can't recall exactly) of the damage he'd be dealing to you. If he's got a single neuron in his head he'll have damage reduction.

So he's regenerating faster than you're hurting him.

I used to kill people fifty levels higher than me with clay golly and IM, but those days are long gone.