1.09 fanatics
I never really looked into zealots before 1.10, but looking around all I see is use zeal and fanaticism. besides 5 points in zeal and 20 in fanaticism, what other skills did they use? points in zeal for attack rating, holy shield, redemption, what other skills did they put all those points into?

This is just a random question, I'm not building a 1.09 fanatic.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hi Minionman,

My lvl 89 pala was mostly played in 1.09. He had some points assigned to holy freeze (8 I think), some in thorns (7), and one point wonders such as redemption and vigor. He had maxed holy shield, fanatism and vengeance, and zeal at level 8, I think (whatever gave him a 'round' ar bonus. I know I'm kinda strange).
He did fairly well, it was rather anoying to see that he had to invest in zeal in 1.10 for the damage, and even thought about investing in the defense aura for the synergy to hs.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Minionman,Jun 15 2004, 03:20 PM Wrote:what other skills did they put all those points into?
Conviction and (earlier on) concentration. Back in 1.09 when the radius for fanaticism was small, I'd max out concentration for the bigger party enhanced damage and the large radius. Plus everyone else would mostly be using fanaticism and/or might anyway ;-)

I'd either stick with conviction if I was partied with sorcs, or flash conviction/concentration.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Well, I've got a zealot who uses Fanatacism, and he was mostly played in 1.09. And 1.06. And 1.04. Yeah, old character; I play slow.

But, he kind of sucks a lot. Right off, I've got 20 in fanatacism, about 14 in zeal, and 20 in holy shield. After that I'm really not sure what I was doing. I've got a few points in vengeance, for PIs (though without the mana-leach I can't keep it going long enough to kill them), a few points in charge, which I originally planned to use against LEBs, and a few in sacrifice, because I vaguely remember it giving a synergy around here somewhere.

I'm kind of scattered all around the combat skills tree, but other than that, the only auras I use are fanatacism, sanctuary, and conviction.
Yes, now sacrifice adds damage to zeal. If you have enough attack rating, the synergy adds more damage than zeal.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)