Cleansing and Fade
I've noticed quite often that if I hit a shrine with Fade active, the duration on the shrine is cut by quite a bit, making me believe that the anti-cursiveness from Fade does the same thing to shrines (although if I have BoS active when I hit the shrine and then cast Fade, I seem get the full duration). What I'm curious about is if the Paladin's Cleansing does the same thing. I've never bothered checking mostly because the only times Cleansing is active is when I need to get my merc unpoisoned or if I'm healing him with the prayer bonus.

Now that I think about it though, this also makes me wonder if the reduced curse times from those skills will only work if they're active when the curse is planted on the character/minion.

Any ideas?
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Heiho,

yes, both Cleansing and Fade lower the duration of Shrine Effects.
A Shrine Effect (those which give an icon on the character's head) is in technical terms the same thing like a curse.

If you have the Skill active while being cursed or if you activate it after being cursed is of no matter.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Jun 17 2004, 12:00 PM Wrote:If you have the Skill active while being cursed or if you activate it after being cursed is of no matter.
I haven't gone to the effort of timing it, but like the initial post mentioned the duration of shrine effects seems close to their normal durations when switching to Fade immediately triggering.

It also doesn't seem like Fade does much for actual curses if it's not active initially--but I'm less certain about this observation.
Cleansing certainly effects curses if it's turned on after the curse lands. I, too, haven't gone to the effort of timing it, but it's a noticeable difference.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thanks for the answers, I guess I can now sleep at night.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm