Alliance or Horde for next push?
Some interesting information has been released concerning the next push recently, and since it looks like the next push is imminent (read: will very likely be released in less than a week), perhaps it's time to decide again what faction we'll be playing next push. Some information about the next push that may help decide things one way or another:

1. Characters will *not* be frozen and presumably there will not be an item wipe, either.
2. Characters from previous pushes will be unlocked!
3. The new push will raise the level cap to 45, open up three new areas (and presumably finish off some of the previously open but unfinished areas), open up two new instances (Uldaman and Gnomarian), change character classes (paladin, priest, and shaman most significantly), add trade skill recipes, add mounts, and add a bunch of PvP stuff, including a PvP server.

I can't decide for myself what I want to do in the next push. I have different wants pushing and pulling on me. The way I see it, I have three choices:

1. Continue to play Ariadne, my lvl 39 undead priestess. She has so many quests ready to turn in that she will probably get to lvl 40 and halfway to lvl 41 in about 20 minutes after the patch is released. She'll be able to purchase a mount and will be able to explore some of the new areas and instances immediately. In addition, she has several trade skills maxed out, including tailoring, alchemy, herbalism, engineering, and first aide. Plus, she's very skilled at mining, skinning, and fishing, so she's well equiped to explore the new trade skill features.

On the downside, lvl 45 isn't that far away from lvl 39, and it won't take long to once again reach the level cap, and previous experience has shown that playing a character at the cap can be *boring*.

2. Go back to playing Alcestis, my lvl 22 human priestess who was frozen at the start of the current push. Playing her would allow me to explore a lot of the new areas in human lands, while skipping some of the more tedious early quests that she had already completed in Goldshire and Westfall. Plus, she's a cuter than my undead priestess.

3. Start a new priestess from scratch, probably human or elvish. This way, I get to experience and test out the new priestess from the ground up.

So what do you guys think? Should the Lurker Lounge move back to the Alliance side, or stay in Horde. Also note that since our frozen characters will now be thawed, we should be able to use our old alliance guild again (The Lounging Lurkers).
I'm all for moving back to Alliance.
I'm going to continue to level my two biggest characters. JacktheSkell (Undead Mage - 23) and Sharanna (Human Paladin - 21) because I'd like to see what the + side of 25 looks like. I have to admit that I've been playing more of Sharanna because none of my Mage's quests he has currently can be done solo. On the other side of the continent Sharanna's quests for hte most part are doable solo so I've been cranking hers out. :D I do have Monday and Tuesday off this coming week though and am hoping to get Jack through the Wailing Caverns if any Lurkers are off during the day and are willing to help... /hint ;)
I'm playing the Alliance right now! :)

Something about the Horde didn't rub me the right way, so I strayed. I'm getting my Paladin (AcklandII) up to speed (currently level 19) to eventuall get a mount. My dream of a wolf-riding Paladin is going to happen, it will, says me...

So yeah, I'm all for the Alliance.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Hi,

Do all three. Finish up Ariadne to get a feel for what the new higher levels are like and how a mount works out. Play Alcestis to check out those new areas/quests. And, especially if talents are in, start a new gal, maybe elvish for a change of pace, to see how the new skill/talent system effects the way that a low level character plays. Variety is the spice of life :)

As for me, I'll go alliance. Possibly with some new characters, possibly staying with old ones. I have no frozen characters left since I needed the space for a few test characters, so that will not matter. I do have three alliance characters that are in their low to high teens. I might concentrate on one of those to get to the high level areas/quests.

Or I might just tailor what I do with who I find online in the mornings/early afternoons Pacific time when I get to play :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I agree with that sentiment. I deleted all my phase 1 characters. I started a couple of Horde characters, but frankly found the characters too ugly and the Barrens too boring to stay for long. I have been playing Alliance characters in phase 2 and will likely continue to do so during the next phase. My rogue EllenADale is level 39, and I also have Parsifal, a level 22 paladin and MaggieCat, a level 16 mage.