Donald Duck celebrates his 70th Birthday!
Donald Fauntleroy Duck (his full name!) had his screen debut on June 9, 1934:

[Image: wise.jpg]

Happy 70th Birthday to the GREATEST cartoon character ever!

Link: http://www.disney.de/DisneyOnline/donaldduck/

PS: Donald for Chancellor in Germany! ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I fell out of my seat due to laughter when I saw Donald Duck in Kingdom Hearts. I must say I didn't like him until that game!

-Munk
You know I never understood the Duck family tree (in spite of having a cartoon map of the family tree), but who is Donald's father, and who is the father to his nephews? Also, if Donald is 70, how old is uncle Scrooge?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
For whatever strange reason, I never liked the 2 major companies' cartoon ducks. Maybe it's just that their blithering, blathering style reminds me of everything that I strive not to be.

RE the Duck family tree: You also have to consider that Uncle Scrooge is Scottish(as is his rival what's his name) Don't they also have a neice? And is Daisy a relative, in which case, might Donald be guilty of incestual feelings? So many questions!
Depending on the genre you're interested in, there was a series of nieces involved in the Disney Duck family tree. According to this page Daisy had three nieces (April, May and June) in the comic book series. I would also like to point out that Daisy is clearly Donald's girlfriend and is not in any other way related (at least there's no proof).

I think the niece you're thinking of is from the Ducktales series where Donald has gone into naval service, and H, D, & L are left with Uncle Scrooge. Here we meet Webigail (Sp?), referred to often as Webby. As far as I can remember she was the daughter or niece of Scrooges housekeeper (Mrs. Beakly, or something such), however, I haven't done any research on this, and am relying on my memory, so I may be wrong here. Scrooge's rival was something-or-other Gladstone, or Goldstone, or... well, something like that.

Now, if only I could remember the name of Scrooge's pilot...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Launchpad McQuack. They still show old episodes in the afternoon. :P

The bit about Daisy was just something that struck me as I realised that her last name is Duck as well. :P