Asn "auras"
Hey all, I want to know ur opinions on a dual claw MA asn

would u use burst of speed or fade? and why? ( I'm curious because I myself am making an asn, and need to decide between which one to use, thx in advance for any replies )
Quick note before I answer... You might want to use complete sentences, correct grammar, and real words. This is not a chat program.

I would personally say Burst of Speed, hands down. BoS (maxed) gives you +52% IAS, and +62% Walk/Run speed. If you have never used it before, get ready to outstrip all of your party members. Since you're using claws, your damage/second will be very high, due to your attack speed (v fast AS, with +62% IAS? sign me up!)

At level 20, fade gives 64 resist all, and curse duration is reduced by 82%. Meh. Some may argue it, but my personal preference is BoS.
Quote: Quick note before I answer... You might want to use complete sentences, correct grammar, and real words. This is not a chat program.

Unrealshadow13,

You have been assimilated! :ph34r: :D Thanks for listening. :)
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:At level 20, fade gives 64 resist all, and curse duration is reduced by 82%.

And 20% physical resistance (like "Damage Reduced by 20%").
Redemption! *hands in air*
Fade also gives 1% physical damage resistance per level. It's also worth noting that the skill IAS that BoS gives counts for a great deal more than than regular equipment IAS..

I think Fade tends to be somewhat better for the untwinked, poor, and or hc. The PDR is pretty hard to get without top end gear, and the resists almost as difficult. Getting to maximum attack rates without BoS is tough, but it can be somewhat offset through using fast base weapons, shoppable gloves, and cheap socketing.

Like Unrealshadow mentions, BoS is just a pleasure to use though. Among other things, it gives more flexibility in certain equipment slots, especially if one has the high-end gear to fill them.

Neither skill requires much point investment. Unless you're PvPing, BoS is best left at 1 point with +skills because of diminishing returns. Much the same could be said for Fade, although a lot of people pump it for the PDR. So feel free to try them both. In practice, most of my characters use BoS through NM, and only switch to Fade useage in Hell, if at all.
Quote:And 20% physical resistance (like "Damage Reduced by 20%").

My skill calculator didn't mention that -_- sorry.
UnrealShadow, if it is not constructive criticism... please, by all means, don't let me know. I'm sure that those who read these posts, will understand what i'm trying to say when I use abbrievations to convey my message. Seriously however , i will think about your suggestion. Thanks
TheCloakedOne,Jun 9 2004, 01:46 AM Wrote:UnrealShadow,  if it is not constructive criticism... please, by all means, don't let me know.  I'm sure that those who read these posts, will understand what i'm trying to say when I use abbrievations  to convey my message. Seriously however , i will think about your suggestion. Thanks
But it was constructive criticism. Ask anyone! (Anyone here, that is) ;)

(How I laughed when I read Griselda's and Unrealshadow13s subsequent post. :lol: . Well done!)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
TheCloakedOne,Jun 8 2004, 08:46 PM Wrote:UnrealShadow,  if it is not constructive criticism... please, by all means, don't let me know.  I'm sure that those who read these posts, will understand what i'm trying to say when I use abbrievations  to convey my message. Seriously however , i will think about your suggestion. Thanks
Strike one...

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Quote:I'm sure that those who read these posts, will understand what i'm trying to say when I use abbrievations to convey my message.

In addition to just being polite, use of correct english makes it much easier to read for the Lounge's non-english members.

So there's a fair chance that when you start throwing slang and IMese around no one has a clue what you're saying.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
TheCloakedOne,Jun 8 2004, 08:46 PM Wrote:UnrealShadow,  if it is not constructive criticism... please, by all means, don't let me know.  I'm sure that those who read these posts, will understand what i'm trying to say when I use abbrievations  to convey my message. Seriously however , i will think about your suggestion. Thanks
So you want us to spend the time to answer your question when you yourself do not spend the time to make it readable? One man's easily understood acronym is another's indecipherable gibberish. ;)
From reading what I have seen in threads here many times before, you will not get very far with that attitude. Full sentences with correct grammer and punctuation are what they strive for here. I know my spelling sucks, but a few typos shouldn't bother anyone. It's the missing punctuation and abreviations that will get people.
Do you see know what I meant by "ask anyone!" ? :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw