Vundo.H & Booyah
Well, today I got bit by Vundo.h while looking up a word my son has been using lately to see what it really means. :) Safety Tip: Don't go to the urban dictionary, its diseased.

The Motive: The word was "booyah", but I'm not sure where he heard it. Probably the TV. I'm a big NCIS fan, and my wife has informed me that it is used there sometimes. I hadn't noticed.

The Culprit: I need to exorcise Internet Explorer entirely from my system. The problem is that from some programs, some of my .htm* links still open IE. IE seems to be a hole that any webpage can download active code through.

The Cure: The three most popular virus scanners (McAffee, Symantec, AVG) couldn't find or remove this bug, I ended up using MBAM (Malware Bytes Anti-Malware) tool. Luckily, I also use Winpatrol, so while it remained resident in IE, and memory, it was stopped from altering any system32 files. I also stopped giving myself Administrator rights awhile ago, and keep a "Home Admin" to own the system rights. It's a pain when I want to install something, as I need to go give myself admin rights temporarily while I do the install, and then set up directory ownership correctly.

So, BOOYAH! I finally removed it after 4.5 hours of scans and cussing.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

You have found the horridness of the urban dictionary.

Come, make the lounge your urban dictionary:)There are enough of us around that can skill you in the ways of the younger people speak. Just don't be surprised if some of us don't know either. My 12 year old says stuff that boggles my mind, and I'm pretty young (29).
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
You, and me. Booyah grandma, booyah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQ_voBmxpE
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
How odd, I visit urbandictionary a lot, but have not been infected.
But yea, malware bytes's scanner is definitely amazing; it has cleared a lot of infections of the comps of friends/family that no other scanner could.

Make sure firefox is set as the default browser, in the default programs (found somewhere in the start menu)
XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332003
Vista:
Just click the start menu and search for "default"
Also right click on any html file (just save any webpage) and right click to make sure firefox is the default program for those files too. If it's not, right click, and goto open with... and choose the default program from there.

If that's fine, use your firewall to block internet explorer.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:Make sure Opera, Chrome, Safari, firefox or anything but IE is set as the default browser
Fixed.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Fixed.
Some of my Microsoft apps will still ignore my wishes and use IE.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote: fixed
That would be correct Lennylen.;)

kandrathe:
Quote: Some of my Microsoft apps will still ignore my wishes and use IE.
What programs open IE still? I guess blocking with firewall would be the only way:(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)