Drain effectiveness
Just so I understand this... :

Say you have 10% life/mana leech, and a monster has 100 drain effectiveness. Does this mean that you will in fact leech at 10%, and if that same monster had, say, 40 drain effectiveness, then you would only leech at 4% ?
Correct.
Mercy beaucoup.
You know, there's really no need to post the exact same things at the same time here and at the AB. If one place is stumped, it's okay. However, you got a response to both of your posts in less than an hour. So one or the other was entirely superfluous.
adeyke,Jun 4 2004, 07:10 PM Wrote:You know, there's really no need to post the exact same things at the same time here and at the AB.
I guess the forums really are merged. :rolleyes:
adeyke,Jun 5 2004, 12:10 AM Wrote:You know, there's really no need to post the exact same things at the same time here and at the AB.  If one place is stumped, it's okay.  However, you got a response to both of your posts in less than an hour.  So one or the other was entirely superfluous.
No offense adeyke, I have a lot of respect for you in this game, but at the same time, while there are some people such as you and I that browse both boards, there are a LOT of people that browse only on one or the other. So by posting the same post on both, I get different points of view and strategies from different people. Often, there is more than one way to look at a question/problem/strategy, and I appreciate getting as much feedback as I can from as many knowledgeable people as I can.
In this case, the answer could only either have been "yes" or "no." It's not a matter of opinion. Someone either knows the answer or doesn't. So to me, posting it simultaneously on both boards would either signify a lack of trust (i.e. you need two independent people to give the same answer before accepting it) or impatience (i.e. if you post it two places, the expected delay before receiving an answer goes down).

I'm relating this specifically to technical questions like this one, where it doesn't really matter who you're asking as long as they know the right answer. Subjective matters like strategy things would be different.
Well, there are a lot of situations where someone thinks they know the answer, even if it IS a yes or no question, but they really dont and someone comes along and corrects them. You cant honestly tell me that you have never seen a situation on these forums where someone answered a question incorrectly.

Also, by me asking the same question on more than one forum site, more people will get to see the answer, and this will help them as well as me.

And thirdly, as you have seen, often questions/polls will lead to side discussions of issues, or spawn other questions that come up as a result of it, further benefitting myself and other forum-goers.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this and other forums, and this allows their knowledge to be shared by as many people as possible.
Well, I dont read AB, and i this kind user hadnt poster on both then I would never have known the question OR answer.

Get a life..
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,Jun 6 2004, 09:35 AM Wrote:Get a life..
From the Forum Rules:

Flame wars are not welcome here. Address the topic, not the person. What that means is when you're debating a topic, debate the topic. Adding personal insults into your posts nullifies your argument and may result in your post getting wiped by a moderator. There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one. When flaming gets out of control, you will be asked to take your tiff to email or private messages. There's no reason to air your fight in public, and we don't want to see it.

This rule applies doubly so when you make your attack against one of the more highly-respected posters who was trying - in a calm, reasonable way - to explain why it is irritating (for those of us who read both places) to have the same question posted by the same person at the same time.
You don't know what you're talking about.
shavenlunatic,Jun 6 2004, 09:35 AM Wrote:Well, I dont read AB, and i this kind user hadnt poster on both then I would never have known the question OR answer.

Get a life..
Thanks VERY much for the backup! :)

Again, nothing against adeyke, he is a very knowledgeable player, but I guess he and I just disagree on the point of posting on both boards. ;)

P.S. I do highly recommend the amazon basin as well, it is a great forum site.
Quote:Get a life..
A life? Well, if Adeyke didn't "have a life", then it would be very difficult for him to be posting here, now wouldn't it? :huh:
I'm staying away from this argument... *exit stage right*