Arreat Summit adds 4th new runeword
Hi lurkers,

just read the news on a German website. Almost a shame that we're late... B)

Here's the link.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Jun 3 2004, 08:20 PM Wrote:Almost a shame that we're late...  B)
Hi

Just shows that we have something to do in RealLife :P

Hm, Wind for for a Zealot of a FrenzyBarb :unsure: , I suppose that Splendor also works in Necro heads?

good karma

Nice one Cyril

They say over at the AS that Duress needs a 4-socket armour and then only list THREE runes ;)
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Some things about the new rune words:

1.) "Splendor" lists "Increase Maximum Durability 12%" and "Wind" lists "+53 To Attack Rating" instead of just +50 AR (from the EL rune). Obviously, superior base items have been used here. This should be corrected on the Arreat Summit because it's confusing.

2.) "Wind" contains a SUR rune, and considering that this rune is extremely rare (in the original 1.10 patch and on Battle.net), I'm wondering if the info "+120-160% Enhanced Damage (varies)" is correct. +220% to +260% sounds more reasonable in my opinion even with "10% Chance To Cast Level 9 Tornado On Striking" (adds 95-107 damage). Can anyone here confirm if the Enhanced Damage info for "Wind" is correct?

3.) Minus 20% Stamina Drain in one of the new rune armors doesn't seem to be correct. A user said that his Battle.net tests resulted in 20% Stamina Drain, which would make more sense anyway. Can anyone confirm this?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller