WarCry Barb
Any tips on how I should build a Warcry Barb? :)

Skills, stats and items? What to use? :)
Death smiles to us all, all a man can do is smile back...
As much mana, +skills, and faster cast gear as you can pile on.

Really think about every skill investment you make, a point here and there makes a huge difference.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
2 sojs, Skin of Vipermagi/Quegohn (however you spell it), Hoto if you can get it (use Wizardspike if not), Lidless Wall, Mara's, all that good stuff.

My mate made a pretty swell War Crier with dual Wizardspikes.
Dual wizard is the way to go. You really need a HUGE amount of mana, 200% cast and resists. ok, you loose 6 skills... maybe HotO/Wiz? I would go no-block, since the idea is that you stun them or what.

I also found it useful to pump vit instead of nrg (some people suggest nrg, I would not). Go max BO, and cry, then it's synergies.

BTW all my experience comes from 1.09 (had 3 singers there), in 1.10 i found my singer too tedious and gave up on him ~ lev 3x. They make lovely party players, and are the only viable nova sorcerors these days :)
Quote:and are the only viable nova sorcerors these days
My Venomancer is deeply offended, thank you very much. :angry: <_< :D
Sorry 'bout that :)
I've had an amazing amount of fun with my War Cry barb. He's currently around level 85, mainly doing magic find runs in the Flayer Jungle and in Travincal.

I went with dual Wizardspikes for the resists, mana and faster cast. He has two +3 warcry swords (Store bought) on switch for when I'm using Find Item, Battle Orders and such. He also wears the IK helm, socketed with Topazes.

The resists on the Wizardspikes pretty much max him out, so almost all of his other equipment adds to Magic Find. He totals out at about 400%.

I went with str of about 100, enough dex for Wizardspikes, and dumped the rest into vitality. After using Battle Orders he has about 3000 life--and needs it when fighting lightning enchanted bosses. The Wizardspikes also add a lot of mana, so I just use a few +mana charms to pump his base mana up. Super mana potions can't quite keep up with his mana usage, so I have to remember to drink a potion right away when I start shouting, otherwise I'm hitting the Rejuv's too soon.

In most areas of the game he kills too slowly to be much fun for magic finding, but you won't find a lot of physical resists on the creatures in the Flayer Jungle, so that's where I like to take him for MF runs.

When playing this build through Hell difficulty, be aware that your primary function is to stun the monsters so your companions can kill in safety. This is definitely not a "Power Build". When I do Travincal MF runs I go solo in a passworded game because it just takes too long with more players. My merc actually gets most of the kills there--he's been quite effective ever since I got him his Bonehew. Out in the jungle, I can shout down a pack of Flayers in about the same time it takes the merc to kill 2 or 3, so I get most of the kills there.

Also, don't neglect your other war cry skills. I use Taunt in every battle to group the monsters around me and kill as many as possible all at once. Against bosses, the stun effect of War Cry only works 10% of the time, so it's hard to keep a boss stunned. As such, I use the other war cries to reduce the bosses damage against me and my merc.

I think I should stop now--there are already some excellent guides out there, so I don't need to be writing another whole guide here. :) I read through a couple of them before I tried started my War Cry barb, and it helped quite a bit.

Safe Hunting!

Jimbowe
I pretty much agree with these guys but.....
Make sure on your alt hand have dual echo wpns the bonus to your b.o and shout will be enormous. More B.O more mana. Also try to get everything echo...helm and ammy. My barb has an incredible B.O and shout of 47. An awsome cow killer.

..and make sure u have 1 pt in pots so you can get full rejuvs. My singer always wanders around with full pots. Ahh also get your fc up to max (dual wiz is good) and boost your skills as high as u can go.

Hes right about taunt too. Use it to drag your enemies to you...if you have a huge taunt they will hardly hurt you and when your surrounded then unleash your warcries. It also prevent missile monsters to shoot u instead they will trry to hit you.

If anyone wants some fun try a taunt barb who needs shaftstop when u have taunt lol.

Enjoy and good luck
Quote:Ahh also get your fc up to max
Since the barb uses the sorceress cast table, that means 200%. It is doable, but have to pay attention (wiz/wiz, mage, skin and Arachnid is only 190% for example).

By the way: I would recommend using magefist over Frost, since the bonus from frost and BO are additive, so you might be better off with faster mana regen.
Thank You all :)
Death smiles to us all, all a man can do is smile back...