Is this legit?
Yesterday my Diablo Cd got overused and wouldn't connect me to b.net properly. So I attempted to reinstall it to try and fix the problem. (No Luck) I spent and few hours searching for a way to emulate it found it in a post here and did so using DHack. But because I reinstalled all my chars were gone, except for the backup files I created with Diablo Saver. After restoring my chars I found that there current experience was set to 2000 (same amount it takes to get form clvl1 - 2). I spent some time trying to earn it back while my Diablo Saver questions me with ??Level Hack?? because the experience doesn't match up with the clvl. So earlier today I took notice of the "Fix Hacks" option on Diablo Saver. I clicked it and had it fix Stats and Items (if any) that were hacked. It then reset my experience to the minimum for that clvl.

Now my question is was that legit? Restoring using Diablo Saver then getting back part of the lost experience that restoring from Diablo Saver cost me with one of Diablo Savers options?
~Juju
~Juju

There is no body only the mind...

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:
"Nothing is immune to cold hard steel."

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
--( '.'Wink--`·. .·´--('.' )--
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
There is but one commandment.
Thou shalt kill.
Well the debate of using Diablo Saver to 'back-up' your character has been going around for a while. I think that most legits will not consider using backups as cheating as long as its done to correct losses created by game problems such as lag and things of that nature. However, this part about using DHACK to alter the glitch created by loading onto a blank character pallet is very different IMO. I dont doubt that your intentions are legit but the method you describe mirrors that of cheaters building hacked characters. This should be interesting to see what others think but i feel that it goes beyond what is considered legit. Just my little opinion :)
Er you misinterpreted what I said. I'm not using DHack to do anything but emulate the Diablo CD so I'm basically playing without the CD. To correct my loss I used the built in "Fix Hack" option in the Diablo Saver.
~Juju
~Juju

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
You should have still had your character files after reinstall. It seems like you are doing something in the reinstall procedure incorrectly. That aside, I don't see a big problem with what you've done under the circumstances. I would seriously question the usefulness of a backup program that doesn't save your character's experience though, particularly when you can easily make backups of your own character files that preserve this information along with everything else simply by using the copy/paste feature of your operating system.
As I recall with Diablosaver, you have to restore the inventory and character stats seperately. Then go kill a monster to stabilize experience before exiting the game.
Dang.... if I did that I probably wouldn't of had to gone through all this trouble for nothing...
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
A few minutes ago today I suddenly remembered that I made a copy of my Diablo Folder before reinstalation. Now I have the chars back full original and not DSaver backups! Woohoo! Overjoyed at having everything back again :P
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.