how and i can find the datas about 82arealvel
from mpg

i have known 84arealvel can drop all 85arealvel,but1/8 chance only,

83arealvel +pindle cannnot drop three equipment

i want know the 82 /81/80........arealvel meanings

i am surprise in seen adbye here.he is professor
I am from china,I love you!
Eh? Mind rephrasing that with some more gooder syntax? :D
No no no. He must use more gooder syntax.
I have my own signature. Yay.
Aw, shucks! Ain't that what I just done did says? I mean, you did done go do read that thar post, didja widja? :P
And to remove some of the spammingness of this...

The alevel means the level of the monsters in an an area. If it is alvl (area level) 85, for instance, all normal monsters there are mlvl (monster level) 85. Champions get a +2 boost to the mlvl, and uniques and their minions get a +3 boost. The alvl determines many things, such as health, damage, and what items they can drop. I'm sure Adeyke (that's who I'm assuming you are talking about) will come by with a much better/technical definition of it soon. I would have explained more, but I'm running short on time.
Nah, I'm too busy cringing at the reuse of the word "alvl", which already means "affix level."

It's really the mlvl that determines all those things. The mlvl just happens to be based on the area level.
Quote:83arealvel +pindle cannnot drop three equipment

i want know the 82 /81/80........arealvel meanings

The area level is only used to determine the monster's level. The monster level then affects what the monster can drop.

The game is far too complicated to give a nice summary of what monsters can drop with different area levels. It'll be much easier to just learn how the game determines what drops.

Edit: Can't believe I took like 40 minutes to write that :lol:.
Naive Twit
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
I don't think there is a standardized one. Personally, I just refer to it as "area level." Lengthier than "alvl," but without the ambiguity.
Obi2Kenobi,May 20 2004, 03:52 AM Wrote:Aw, shucks! Ain't that what I just done did says? I mean, you did done go do read that thar post, didja widja? :P
And to remove some of the spammingness of this...

The alevel means the level of the monsters in an an area. If it is alvl (area level) 85, for instance, all normal monsters there are mlvl (monster level) 85. Champions get a +2 boost to the mlvl, and uniques and their minions get a +3 boost. The alvl determines many things, uniqe monsters, and what items they can drop. I'm sure Adeyke (that's who I'm assuming you are talking about) will come by with a much better/technical definition of it soon. I would have explained more, but I'm running short on time.
thank you ,I know more from you

<The alevel means the level of the monsters in an an area>

there are four kinds of monsters(except commom monsters)
Champion
Minion(I donot know it including what )
most uniqe monsters(not including super uniqe monsters)
super unique monsters

so in 84alevel there are no 4

in 83alevel there are no 4 and no part of 3 ,in fact ,only 83mlvlPindle

so I can guess the 82alevel meaning is :there are 82mlevel monsters,only appears1,2,and part of 3,

the same 81alevel,80alevel.........but the unique monsters'part of 3' is more and more lower mlvl

please check it !
all my masters
I made a mistake

there are several 83alvl,not one,

but there is not 19,20,30,31alvl.but there are 19,20,30,31 mlvl monsters,why?
for champions, mlvl = area level + 2

for minions, bosses, and super unique monsters; mlvl = area level + 3

Also, the area level doesn't tell you if there are super unique monsters. Which area you are in determines that.

Quote:in 83alevel there are no 4 and no part of 3

Pindleskin is a super unique monster.

There are many other level 83 areas which have super unique monsters. The Glacial Trail has Bonesaw Breaker, Frozen River has Frozenstein, the Icy Cellar has Snapchip Shatter, the Flayer Dungeon has Witchdoctor Endugu, and the Claw Viper Temple Level 2 has Fangskin. These areas have Unique monsters as well.

Quote:so I can guess the 82alevel meaning is :there are 82mlevel monsters,only appears1,2,and part of 3,

the same 81alevel,80alevel.........but the unique monsters'part of 3' is more and more lower mlvl

Area level 82 means normal monsters will be level 82. The same applies for area level 81, area level 80, and so on.

You can't determine anything else from the area level by itself.
Quote:but there is not 19,20,30,31alvl.but there are 19,20,30,31 mlvl monsters,why?

In normal difficulty, area level isn't used for anything other than for the ilvl of items from chests.
Sorry about that, Adeyke. Now look what I started. I knew something must be wrong, that's why I passed it onto you. I'll be sure to refer to it as area level. :)
brianc84,May 20 2004, 09:33 AM Wrote:In normal difficulty, area level isn't used for anything other than for the ilvl of items from chests.
thank brianc84 very much!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just know the meanings by chinaBN who good at Engish,

I think' the chests' in you sentence including the jar and other things which is not a any monsters,right?

you means that there are not A<===>B(one to one,A=area level,B=part
of the same mlvl monsters) in normal difficulty,so , where will appear19,20,30,31 mlvl monsters?
I think the game designer didnot forgot them,because the game designer even giveout below:
Arreat Summit arealevel= 37 ,no drop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------how about the nightmare ?A<================>B?
(one to one,A=area level,B=part the same mlvl monsters
)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

the unque and super unque monsters in d2data.net and ATMA,I think the ATMA is right (Adeyke.told me),
how can I find the the unque and super unque monsters (some the unque and super unque monsters appear random,but some appear the same area level ,it puzzle me) in each area level in ATMA ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:I think' the chests' in you sentence including the jar and other things which is not a any monsters,right?
Yes. Chests=Jars, urns, boxes, crates, chests and such.

Quote:Arreat Summit arealevel= 37 ,no drop
The Arreat Summit has no drops because the only monsters there are the Ancients, and they never drop items.

In Nightmare, the area level=the monster level.

Quote:some the unque and super unque monsters appear random,but some appear the same area level ,it puzzle me
Uniques are the random monsters. They are monsters with names like Ooze Drool the Hungry or Wind Ripper the Foul. They have random stats, as well, like extra strong and cursed. Super-uniques are monsters like Nihlathak or Corpsefire. They always have the same stats (with boni in nightmare and hell for some) and appear in the same location.
Quote: think' the chests' in you sentence including the jar and other things which is not a any monsters,right?

Yes.

Quote:you means that there are not A<===>B(one to one,A=area level,B=part
of the same mlvl monsters) in normal difficulty,so , where will appear19,20,30,31 mlvl monsters?
I think the game designer didnot forgot them,because the game designer even giveout below:
Arreat Summit arealevel= 37 ,no drop

In normal, you'd have to look up the monster's level yourself.

www.d2data.net should have the correct monster level information for normal difficulty.

Quote:---------------how about the nightmare ?A<================>B?
(one to one,A=area level,B=part the same mlvl monsters)

Yes, in nightmare, monster level is calculated from the area level.

Quote:the unque and super unque monsters in d2data.net and ATMA,I think the ATMA is right (Adeyke.told me),
how can I find the the unque and super unque monsters (some the unque and super unque monsters appear random,but some appear the same area level ,it puzzle me) in each area level in ATMA ?

Unique are the monsters that get bonuses like Lightning Enchanted, Mana Burn, Aura Enchanted, and others. They get random names and random bonuses. Most of the time, you can find at least one of these monsters everywhere you go.

Super Unique monsters are just like Unique monsters except that they are always spawned close to one specific landmark in only one area. Their names are not random and each will have some bonuses that will be the same no matter what game you are in. Pindleskin is an example of a Super Unique monster; he always appears at the same spot at the entrance to Nihlathak's Temple. You will never find Pindleskin anywhere else.

You can usually find Unique monsters when travelling through areas with monsters in them.

You find Super Unique monsters by knowing the exact location in the area (this is not the same as area level) where they will spawn.

ATMA can tell you the name of the area where you can find a monster and you can look through that area to find that monster.
thank Obi2Kenobi and brianc84 vrey much!

teach me more !