Hurrican druid
So I'm thinking of starting an elemental druid, focussing on Hurricane. However, I want ways of dealing with a Cold immune without having to rely on a mercenary too much.

What would be best? Armageddon seems good damagewise, but is as I recall a little flakey in what it hits. As in, I don't have any guarantee that it'll actually hit all the time. A summon like wolves or a grizzly doesn't look too good without pumping more than one skill (ie, it looks like the synergies are badly needed in order for it to work good enough in hell. Though in combination with a merc it might manage)

Any pointers? Not just about a supplement skill, but elementalists in general? (It's been a while ;))
And you do not ask the cost...
Edit: link removed.
A summon?

If you can spare the points a bear would be good for them to hit instead of you. Since quite a few of these cold immunes will be uniques it's gonna take you quite a while to kill them with a supplementary spell, and so having a bear for them to hit while you grind them down would probably be handy.
Bears are handy anyway, or so I find. There's only 4 prereq points, 2 of which will boost the bear, and the other two which can still be used, especially if you have some +skills stuff.

-Bob
Um, There is tornado. Tornado does physical damage, AND synergyses with Hurricane. If You want to get the most out of Hurricane, you may want to just build a Wind Druid - Max Cyclone Armor,Twister,Tornado, and Hurricane. You probably could then max Oak sage too, if you wanted to. I'm a big fan of this build, since it was the only one I've taken above 80.

- Nantuko_Primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Nantuko_Primus,May 17 2004, 11:17 PM Wrote:Um, There is tornado. Tornado does physical damage, AND synergyses with Hurricane. If You want to get the most out of Hurricane, you may want to just build a Wind Druid - Max Cyclone Armor,Twister,Tornado, and Hurricane. You probably could then max Oak sage too, if you wanted to. I'm a big fan of this build, since it was the only one I've taken above 80.
Doh, how could I forget Tornado? :) I think that Tornado along with a merc should get me a good while. In case that's not good enough, I'll make sure I have the spare points to get a bear. Maybe I should look into getting a good elemental weapon for the merc. Btw, which did you find most useful for a winddruid? Act2 (if so, which aura?) or Act5?

Btw, that link earlier didn't turn up anything. Well, a Blue Screen of Death, but no guide :huh:
And you do not ask the cost...
hmm. that is odd. sorry about that. the link is just to Gamefaqs. they have a large amount of guides in the LoD section, most of them far out of date. But the Windy Druid guide is one of the few that are written for 1.1

if you want to check it out just go to Gamefaqs.com and on the first page goto PC. (top middle of the screen.) From there, under the top 10 FAQ pages just choose D2 LoD. The windy druid guide should be about 10 down the list. "1.10 Windy Druid Guide"

(I've just noticed that GameFaqs does not allow you to link directly to Faqs. I'm not sure why that would give you a blue screen of death because all it does is redirect you to a "warning" page. it's possible that you may have other instabilities in your OS environment.)
I used an Act2 Defiance merc. I find the extrad def(a whole +361% of it) helps me not to get hit.
-Nantuko_primus
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?