I got lost in a closet last night
I've noticed that my dreams have become more literal in recent years. A few nights ago, I dreamed that I woke up at 10 AM and went about my daily morning routine (urinate, take care of dog's needs, take care of cat's needs, take a shower, brush teeth), and I woke up right as I was heading to work at 11:30 AM. I was rather disoriented :blink:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hi Munkay,

Quote:I can not recall a night I've slept without having at least one dream.

Should I say lucky you? I can't recall the last night I actally dreamed something / remembered that I dreamed during the night when I woke up. I don't know if I should consider this a blessing or a tragic.
Not dreaming seems impossible since the subconsciousness needs the dreams to work up the events and incidents of the day. It's rather disturbing, though, that I'm never able to recall my dreams.. Perhaps I always wake up in SEM-phases and not in REM-phases, therefore I'm relaxed and my dreams are several quarters of an hour ago. But even during my military service when I sometimes had to get up all of a sudden, I cannot recall having had a single dream. <_<
Ah - the heck with it!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,May 26 2004, 10:35 PM Wrote:Not dreaming seems impossible since the subconsciousness needs the dreams to work up the events and incidents of the day.
Just a little peckings, dreams have no known reason and/or function, the thing you just mentioned is just one out of many theories present about the function of dreams :D
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Most of the dreams I've had have been about movies or computer games Instead of actual real life. Both kinds of dreams still have stuff happen that wouldn't happen in the movies or games.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I've never roamed the house at night, nor has anyone in my aquaintance that I know of. But I have to tell you, it sure is funny to mess with people while they're sleeping.

For instance, my friend once fell asleep while we were watching a movie. I decided I would help him back to his bed, and got him to stand with a little effort on my part. Suddenly, he started walking down the hall, narrowly missing most of the walls and doorframes, all the way to our room. He stumped around like his knee and ankle joints were frozen, with his shoulders slumped; it sort of reminded me of a mix between a homo erectus and an old robot. :lol: The strange thing was, it wasn't even his house, and his eyes were closed. I was too busy laughing to guide him, but he never hit anything. He even tucked himself in...

My favorite thing to do to sleeping people was to plug their noses. When I was around ten years old, I shared a room with my brother. Sometimes, he would grind his teeth in his sleep, so I would get out of bed and plug his nose. He would stop breathing for several seconds, then take a gasping breath. That, however, wasn't the funny part; I prefered when he began a conversation after having endured the nose plugging. It could be about anything. Sometimes he was completely incoherent: those were his best monologues, in my opinion.

On the subject of dreams, I've had several realistic ones, most of which were sad, irritating or infuriating. The best example I can provide would be the series (In one night) in which I went to school and realized I had forgetten all my homework and the fact that most of my exams had somehow been crammed into that one day. (Ok, it was realistic to ME, at the time)

My favourite ever was one of those falling dreams. However, when I hit the ground, I simply got up and kept running to wherever I was going. I could also jump and "fly" like the Hulk. All in all, quite fun.

The scariest was when I fell asleep after having seen an ant crawl across my pillow. :blink: When I woke up, the power was out, it was the middle of the night, and my brother had already left for the sanctuary of my parents' room. Eek.

Edit: Odd occurence of the post posting itself while I was typing... Ended right in the middle of a sentence!
A plague of exploding high-fives.