NEW RUNEWORD
[Image: Screenshot003.jpg]

Wanted to do ETHETH shield voor low lvl char
accidently did EThlum :D
@IKKE:
I seriously doubt that you're the one who discovered this runeword, considering that it's located in the other player's trade screen. :) Nice try at stealing the credit, though.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
At no point do I see a claim by IKKE that he was the one who made the shield.

-DarkCrown
Quote:Wanted to do ETHETH shield voor low lvl char
accidently did EThlum

Vacuum later, Trevor
Thanks for the backup, Obi2Kenobi, but I'll eat my crow here; DarkCrown is correct that IKKE never explicitly said that he created the shield (though it's a fairly strong implication, what with the lack of any subject otherwise). My mistake for jumping to conclusions.

Mmm...crow...
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
There's a big thread about this on the AB forums.

Personally, I'm very annoyed that this isn't in the MPQ. That means SP players can't use it, and it means that MPQ reading and SP testing are useless for determining the stats (or even the existence) of such runewords. There's simply no reasonable way to find realms-only runewords. You'd have to test about 17 billion rune/item combinations (needing about 3 billion of each kind of rune) on the realms if you want to be sure you aren't missing any.

The only real way to find such runewords would be to be given them by someone in the know.
adeyke,May 16 2004, 08:22 PM Wrote:The only real way to find such runewords would be to be given them by someone in the know.
Nice choice here by Bliz, like the spellcasters need a more accessible Lidless to make 'em easier to play. <_<

There's a nasty feeling I get, this is a purposefully leaked runeword to renew interest in the next ladder season.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile
Is it my imagination or do a rather large proportion of halfway decent armor runewords already use Lum? And the SP/Ladder unique weapon upgrade? Are they trying to create a Lum economy, or a Lum shortage?
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Where's the image????
Since this topic is more of a general interest topic, and since people were already creating "new runeword" threads in Atma's, I went ahead and moved this thread to Atma's. Please keep all "new runeword" discussion in this thread. Thanks.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
[Image: splendor.jpg]

new link guys

and about the screenshot...(first) that screen aint mine alright, because i can't upload them to nowhere..
Quote:There's a nasty feeling I get, this is a purposefully leaked runeword to renew interest in the next ladder season.

Same here, as it is practically useless. I mean, it's like a weak lidless-Rhyme combination (less cast, no resists, no block).

Can't see too many of these being made...
If Blizzard just could be convinced to do a patch update for the single players.

I mean, we still have the FE bug.
Caaroid,May 17 2004, 12:43 PM Wrote:Same here, as it is practically useless. I mean, it's like a weak lidless-Rhyme combination (less cast, no resists, no block).

Can't see too many of these being made...
ah, i thought it has 15% of extra mana, actaully its 15% mana regen, oh well...
Well, I am rather excited about the ES build myself, but I do not understand why do you say it does not need faster cast. A sorceress ALWAYS needs faster cast, but the ES build needs them most: her spells are frighteningly underpowered, so she needs to make up for that with speed. (Unless you go Orb, but can you spell BORRING?)

Also, I seriously believe it to be a wasted opportunity to use a non-staff weapon on an ES sorc. If lucky, you can get +6 to all skills from the weapon and the shield slot, what can only be surpassed by an even luckier Orb-find.

And yes, I know that I should not dream of finding that 4 socketed +3 ES +3 Chain Lightning +3 Lightning Mastery staff, but one can hope, can't one?

PS: Ok, on switch with GULL, this is an OK shield; I don't mind loosing the 5% MF over a rhyme...
There seem to be some more new (armor) runewords like DURESS (shael-Um-Thul) and PRUDENCE (Mal-Tir).
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hi everybody,

It's all at the amazon basin, here.
Hope it's the right link B)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Unless this is yet another brilliant idea like once "Your duped SOJ's for a chance on fighting the Diablo Clone!" to burn the duped runes on the (ladder) realms, it would be nice to get an official list of changes/new features and/or a single-player patch from Blizzard for the legit players ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Those are those runewords from some issue of Computer Gaming World a few years back in 1.09. Better late than never, I guess :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
No. The CGW runewords were these:
Duress (ThulHelUm) in body armour
Famine (TalIthAmnThul) in axes and clubs
Pattern (EldThulOrt) in claws

The actual Duress that was just discovered is ShaelUmThul. Famine was introduced in 1.10 and is FalOhmOrtJah. I'm not sure if anyone's tested the EldThulOrt Pattern yet, but the TalOrtTalTirEld Pattern doesn't work.