EverQuest 2 Beta
Hi

WoW check those Recommended System Requirements...1 GB RAM...good thing for me I have no interest in Buying this SONY game, although I would like to Beta test it :o

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/#beta

EQ 2

Beta Applications and Testing FAQ

Quote:The Beta Application requires the use of Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher and must be filled out "From" the Computer which you are intending to use for the beta test.

System Requirements:

Minimum:

-Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
-Processor: 1 Ghz
-RAM: 512 MB
-16x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
-Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and Vertex shader compatible hardware with 64 MB of texture memory
-Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

Recommended:

-Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
-Processor: 2 Ghz or greater
-RAM: 1 GB
-16x CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
-Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible. Pixel shader and Vertex shader compatible hardware with 128 MB of texture memory or greater
-Sound Card: DirectSound compatible audio hardware

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
*THIS*:

Quote:The Beta Application requires the use of Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher and must be filled out "From" the Computer which you are intending to use for the beta test.

disturbs me *greatly*.

What kind of information is that form collecting exactly, that requires Internet Explorer specifically and asks for it to be filled from the computer that will be used to play?

*Dons tinfoil hat*
System specs off activex controls. That's what.

*steals hat and stomps feeds it to the paranoia fish*
I'm not sure how this factors into this version of the Beta signups, but PC Gamer's July 2004 issue contains a code that you can input (only once; if you bork it, you're screwed) that may or may not automagically get you a slot in the Beta. Apparently it notifies you once you enter the code whether or not you made it.

There's also a code for a exclusive shield for EverQuest. No details about the shield. It looks sexy, though.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Actually, looking at EQ2 some more it's interesting to see how close the design intentions of EQ2 and WoW really are; they're both oriented towards including a 'casual' MMORPG market. The obvious difference in graphics philosophies obscures many of their similarities. EQ --> EQ2 and Diablo --> WoW may be an example of convergent evolution. (Of course, it could still be to an evolutionary dead end.)
Quote:The obvious difference in graphics philosophies obscures many of their similarities.

What with how WoW has a unique, though somewhat simple look, while EQ2 just plain blows? Last screenshots I saw of it had metallic elves and an armored 'Pat'.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek