Wow, this sounds a bit outrageous...
I don't see what the big deal is. I'm tired of seeing fools and sluts running around flaunting how foolish they are.

OT: Gas up there is 95 cents for a liter? Jesus... that'd be, what, about $3.15 USD a gallon? Yikes.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Meh, 95 cents a litre is nothing. Over here in Vancouver, it has been 99.5 cents per litre for the last three days. Thankfully, it's now dropped to just above 90 cents.
YZilla,May 15 2004, 11:00 PM Wrote:Meh, 95 cents a litre is nothing. Over here in Vancouver, it has been 99.5 cents per litre for the last three days. Thankfully, it's now dropped to just above 90 cents.
Just wait until the long weekend hits. You'll (we'll) be paying $1+ per litre. Mark my words.

I am so friggin' glad that I drive a 4-cyl 2.0 litre car. Yay for underpowered engines!
You and me both. But then I go and fill it up with Premium and all that money I "saved" evaporates. *grumbles*
See you in Town,
-Z
Wait, there's a long weekend coming up?

*notes to self to check calendar and be less isolated from current events*

The painful truth is that I (read: parents who gave me shared credit card to fill car with) already pay over $1 per litre for gas since the Matrix XRS, which is what I drive primarily out of the two family cars, requires premium gas. Oh, and it's a 4-cyl 1.8 litre engine which has quite the kick in higher rpms. Yay for Japanese-designed engines!

B) :P
1 gallon = ~3.3 liters?

And why would you want to drive something that requires premium fuel? That'd be rather expensive, I would guess.

And hell, if you live in a big city, why drive at all, when public transportation or walking/biking is eminently more efficient and better for the environment?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:And hell, if you live in a big city, why drive at all, when public transportation or walking/biking is eminently more efficient and better for the environment?

Transit routes aren't always viable. If the distance you are traveling is greater than what you are willing to pedal (either effort or time), then it is not worth it. Putting it in an Atlanta context, say you lived in Marietta and worked in PeachTree City. A one hour drive, but an eternity by public transit and a 4-5 hour bike ride each way. You can tell people to work closer to where they live, or vice versa, but with the availability and pricing of jobs and housing it is not always possible to make a good match.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres
So says google.

The premium fuel issue is similar to the "why own a sport car when any car will do?" discussion. However, being a speed junkie, I can tell you that the difference between regular 87- and premium >90-ocrane fuel is anything but trivial. Of course, the little engine, as far as it is officially rated, gives about the same fuel economy as a low-end Accord Sedan. Sure, it lacks in low-end torque, but once it gets up, it really goes.

Unless you live down town Vancouver, near major traffic routes, close by a Skytrain station, or in relative proximity to major "town centres" public transportation is laughable when it comes to time efficiency, and only highly decent in dependability. And that is only when your destination also satisfies the above mentioned conditions.

Living in what is considered the suburb of Vancouver (actually, I'm two cities over from Vancouver, but the whole area is considered as a district known as Greater Vancouver) public transportation pales in comparison to having your own vehicle. Making the trip up Burnaby Mountain, where my university resides, takes at least twenty minutes by bus, over fourty minutes if I took a more frequent bus which does not stop running after 5 pm, about an hour biking/walking, and under ten minutes if I drove myself. I also live fairly close to the mountain where I can see construction cranes working on the new resident buildings from outside my window. Of course, it is a university campus, so the bus service is fairly reliable. If I were to head to down-town or other major commercial centres to the west, public transportation does quite nicely, although at the cost of time, since I avoid having to deal with road traffic, provided that I plan to return home before midnight. However, in most other cases, such as visiting your friend or even going down to the library, it takes quite a while to reach, often having to spend a major portion of the route walking or to transfer between a few different routes.
:)

Maybe Public Transportation here isn't that bad then.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
At the time (1999) my Eclipse looked like the best horsepower/$$$ deal. My turbo only takes premium, but I was really in the mood for a peppy car. I drove my ~100 hp Pulsar for 11 years, and longed for a car that did not require a merciful consensus from the adjacent drivers to enter the freeway.

I guess Austin's not a big city. Mass transit here inhales. Completely. Utterly. And the planned "commuter rail" neatly avoids my part of town.

And now everything's turning into a toll road. :(
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Yes, a woman in Ontario can walk around topless, but not if she is doing so in an indecent way that promotes a sexual purpose

is it illegal to oogle if it promotes a sexual purpose?

Quote:"HEY LOOK GAS IS 95 CENTS PER LITRE CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? ARGGHHH, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP!"

cry me enough tears to leave the top of everest as the only land mass on the planet. We just broke 80p a litre here in the UK, and that's at the cheaper places (We got charged 95ptre on Mull two years ago, penny-pinching scots). With oil at $40 a barrel, and Mr Brown no doubt wanting some more cash in duty, we'll be hitting 90p soon enough.

-Bob
Hi Lavcat

Weekends away make me a slow responder.

As DeeBye explained, we in Ontario do have the right to go topless with the caveat that it cannot be for the purpose of soliciting.

This is stretched a bit thin at times, as I am told there are a couple of strip joints that do have sunbathing strippers outside in the afternoons, particularly at the shift change times for the local automobile factory. :rolleyes:

I clearly remember the worries and fears expressed at the time of the ruling. But, as it turns out, nobody wants to go grocery shopping topless. Not even those with the non-saggy types of chest.

And, let's face it, even if the weather were hot enough to make it seem like a good idea, those body parts that never see the light of the sun really shouldn't. They sunburn badly if they do. :(
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,May 17 2004, 11:25 AM Wrote:This is stretched a bit thin at times, as I am told there are a couple of strip joints that do have sunbathing strippers outside in the afternoons, particularly at the shift change times for the local automobile factory.  :rolleyes:
This must be great for auto insurance agents ...... :lol:

"You say you were distracted by the glare from the sun ? Or your wife ?" :lol:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
You think that Plumber's Butt is bad?

Have you seen a Chicago Electrician?
This type of thing would be absolutely fine if it were applied to new cities, so that people could take that into account before they choose to move there. However, most people are already established where they live, so making a law like this for already existing cities is going overboard. Making a law for the entire state is even worse.

Also, it's bad for travelers passing through that don't know they have a law about it.
Less QQ more Pew Pew