Think for yourself, question authority
Power corrupts - the only time power does not corrupt is when you explain that they have acted wrong. For some reason authority wants to act as perfection, so any claims to say something negative whatsoever will be punished - for digital it's easy to just delete it instantly, or lock discussion and threaten not to do it more, or just ban them.

How do you fix it? You can't really 'fight the power' when all they have to do is press a delete button?

A better option would be since if you don't get questioned and can boss around here and there you think less and less, untill you don't think anything at all, and just judge on the smallest amount of information. best then would be re-elections on websites, but as elections are basically based on the creater of the site or friends of such, that seems impossible?

Nothing to do then? Just bend over and see your favorite place go to all hell because of a few individuals? Love is when you can get happiness from the smallest thing, and money/power passion means you will never get enough, and giving some away will only make you feel less. I am tired. G'bye.

(Seas now thinks: Instead of taking time to reflect on actions, it's much easier for an egoistic mind to just use their power to stop the confusing/negative opinion. Art has a purpose, reality does not. Art is self reflection. Vainglory is the opposite of self esteem.)

* All progress occurs because people dare to be different. - Harry Millner

The photosig thread some minute before deletion.
First of all: how old are you? You sound like an adolescent with dreams of some day being a poet. I've got new for you. Keats you ain't.

Second off: why are you wasting our time? NOBODY CARES. Maybe your post didn't deserve to be deleted. OK, take it up with Gris. She's a reasonable person, and probably would have been much more receptive had you not immediately slandered her. This is a civil place filled with civil, intelligent people. You're not smarter than everyone else. Your thoughts and cut/paste quotations aren't some profound revelation - they are adolescent bragadoccio. When I was younger, I found myself in a headspace that was only a fraction as obnoxious as the one that you seem to presently inhabit. At this point, I'm embarassed that I was ever there. Maybe someday you'll feel the same way when you realize that many (not all, but Gris is probably one of them) of the people on this site and in the world in general have probably read more than you, thought more than you and lived more than you and that you should probably show them the respect that they deserve.

Now as far as your post:

Quote:How do you fix it? You can't really 'fight the power' when all they have to do is press a delete button?

A better option would be since if you don't get questioned and can boss around here and there you think less and less, untill you don't think anything at all, and just judge on the smallest amount of information. best then would be re-elections on websites, but as elections are basically based on the creater of the site or friends of such, that seems impossible?

No the best option would be to get the hell off of the lounge and start your own site that attracts thousands of diverse opinions, permits all manner of misbehaviour, and see where you end up. In order for intelligent discussion and informed opinion to be discussed online, a certain disciplined environment is required. This is one such environment.

Quote:Seas now thinks: Instead of taking time to reflect on actions, it's much easier for an egoistic mind to just use their power to stop the confusing/negative opinion. Art has a purpose, reality does not. Art is self reflection. Vainglory is the opposite of self esteem.

And where has your "art" been, friend? Cut/pasting quotations? Sorry, that was an attempt at vainglory, not art, and if you were so "centered in the self", you wouldn't be complaining.

Quote:Nothing to do then? Just bend over and see your favorite place go to all hell because of a few individuals? .

That would be the case without dedicated, intelligent mods.

Quote:Love is when you can get happiness from the smallest thing, and money/power passion means you will never get enough, and giving some away will only make you feel less. I am tired. G'bye

Wow, you're not much of an afficianado of Nietzsche. For such an "overman" you seem to have bought in hook, line, and sinker to that whole Socratic/Christian morality thing. Get a clue, bub. Oh yeah, and "G'bye".
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Would someone explain to me why this person is getting so much wiggle room without being banned? Usually trolls are given 2 or 3 chances then gone for good. This person trolled multiple times and caused a thread to be locked up, then was still allowed to roam free.

Seas,

Opinions are fine. There are a great many here and you can look over the forum for some threads that extend 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 plus pages for that. It's when one such as yourself does not give any logical argument or examples, and instead attempts to use vague and abstract language to argue a point that you just become a troll.

Quote:(Seas now thinks: Instead of taking time to reflect on actions, it's much easier for an egoistic mind to just use their power to stop the confusing/negative opinion. Art has a purpose, reality does not. Art is self reflection. Vainglory is the opposite of self esteem.)

You should really read your own writing here. Most people after being moderated show a little modesty and aknowledge their mistake. Your ego and your lack of self reflection took you the other way.
>>Nothing to do then? Just bend over and see your favorite place go to all hell because of a few individuals?<<

*weeps, overcome by irony*
:blink:
Quote: Power corrupts . . .

Your faux-philosophical diatribes serve no purpose when you don't specify who, in particular, your attacks are aimed at. If they're aimed at the LL moderators, it's your own damn fault for not taking the opportunity to discuss it with us when we already opened the door for you and told you how to do it.

Thread locked. Seems to be more trolling. Seas, if you wish to dispute this: PM me. If you so much as make another POST with this sort of ridiculous content, I will ban you.

-Lemmy