ActiveX controls
unrealshadow13,Jun 1 2004, 09:37 PM Wrote:If anybody has any problem with my avatar or anything else on my digital bodice, I would appreciate you emailing/PMing me, instead of starting a thread to talk behind my back.
Funny you should ask for this kind of behavior when you don't exhibit it towards your gracious hosts. When you discovered your avatar was disabled you made a new thread rather than e-mailing Bolty why it was disabled.

And for the record I don't believe Lavcat was trying to "talk behing your back" when he posted this thread. I believe the purpose of the thread was to ask what function of the board was asking for Active-X. And it really can't be considered talking behind your back on a public forum on a public board.
I think you're a bit confused on the syntax of the events that have happened since the *.swf incident... Here's what happened for me:

I had no avatar. When I tried to bring my old one back, I couldn't. I made a new *.swf, put it on my website, and tried to link to it. I couldn't. I thought it was a bug, and made a thread (in retrospect, I should have put it in the 'Suggestions Box').

In my thread, ShadowHM linked to this thread, which I just read half an hour ago.

I am not angry/offended at/with Lavcat at all, but I wish somebody had contacted me before people started talking about breaking into my website and deleting my avatar.

tal125:

Do you have something personal against me, or am I just making perpetually stupid mistakes? I think this is the 3rd time you've had a go at me.
If somebody would have PM'ed you, that wouldn't have fixed the problem. Your avatar wasn't really the issue. The issue was that we had .swf's allowed on the boards, even though they could be a potential security threat or be used by other users in more annoying ways (for example, with sound).

To fix the root problem, we needed to disable .swf's. We didn't get rid of .swf's just to break your avatar.

Unrealshadow13, I really don't understand why you are making such a big issue out of this in the first place. It did not need to be a thread, here or elsewhere. You could simply have sent an email or a private message. You may feel that some posters, like tal125, are attacking you. I really don't see it that way. They are trying to explain how things work, and what the general expectations are around here. Please listen to them, even if you feel attacked. They are trying to help.

I am going to lock this thread. You have all of the information that you need, and I don't think anything else really needs to be said. Please do not make another thread about this issue. Thanks.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete