What does lighting fury do?
Reading the description of lightning fury and hearing about how it's good against crowds, what exactly does it do? It seems like it does damage to the first target and then several chain lighting bolts all hit a bunch of enemies when they spread out. Is this it, or does lightning fury do something else?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
When your javelin hits (and it has a 100% chance of hitting), it releases lightning bolts at all nearby monsters (up to a maximum number of bolts given in the skill description). If you have piercing, you can hit multiple monsters in a row. That means you'll release multiple lightning bolts on each target. So tossing a LF in a tight group can be really devastating.
Okay then. How good does lightning fury work with different amounts of pierce? does it work well without any? How does it's damage compare to particulaar other spells?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The more pierce you have the better. It'll still work without it, but think of it this way: There's a pack of 10 enemies laying around. 3 are lined up in a row. You have a level 20 Lightning Fury, so you have more than enough bolts per hit to hit all of them. You throw a javelin and hit the first enemy, 9 extra bolts fly out and hit the other enemies. The javelin pierces and hits the second enemy, 9 more bolts fly out. Again it pierces, another 9 bolts fly out.

Against a large group of enemies it has no equal. Well, maybe Blessed Hammer. Against a single enemy... well... make sure you put a point in jab, or have a bow on switch.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:Against a large group of enemies it has no equal. Well, maybe Blessed Hammer. Against a single enemy... well... make sure you put a point in jab, or have a bow on switch.

Well... seeing how Charged Strike is THE most devastating attack agains single, non-lightning immune monsters, and that Charged Strike and Lightning Fury are each other's synergies, I'd use jab only against lightning immunes.
Wait! That's what I do!

With a high level CS you can one-hit kill venom lords in 4 player games. Come on, THAT's power.