odd thing just happened in H:HOR
In H:HoR, I had a healer drop group mid pull, and the minute that our mage died, (frost here on the boards) the encounter reset, the door unlocked, and we were able to get our new healer in.

This was very odd, and happened after maintenance, I'm wondering if something was changed. Has anyone else had this?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
We've had it happen before that when a person is let into the instance after the encounter has begun, it has reset.
I had an encounter in HFoS, where the instances were scheduled to reset in about 7 minutes and we pulled the last boss and after about one minute (the boss was almost dead) the instance reset itself early, making the boss vanish mid fight.

The boss reappeared in a couple minutes and we were able to do the last boss again. I am wondering if maybe you were close to a reset of the instance as well?

-Kira

Dianotosa 85 Druid
Kirayla 85 Hunter
Bubblegirl 85 Paladin
Linnara 85 Priest
Solasha 85 Warlock
Lucindia 82 Mage
Kirrily 81 Shaman
Quote:I had an encounter in HFoS, where the instances were scheduled to reset in about 7 minutes and we pulled the last boss and after about one minute (the boss was almost dead) the instance reset itself early, making the boss vanish mid fight.

The boss reappeared in a couple minutes and we were able to do the last boss again. I am wondering if maybe you were close to a reset of the instance as well?

-Kira

Nope. This was at 5 Server Time. A couple people on the official boards said that it could have been because someone new zoned into the dungeon, but I have had times before where a person has come in mid pull, and this didn't happen.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:Nope. This was at 5 Server Time. A couple people on the official boards said that it could have been because someone new zoned into the dungeon, but I have had times before where a person has come in mid pull, and this didn't happen.

I've had folks come in mid pull too, and the reset happened when a merc in the waves (in HoR) shadow stepped behind then. They were locked out behind the door at the time and bringing the mobs there will reset the encounter. I think it's happened when mage AoE damage has hit them too, but not sure. I've only seen HoR reset twice accidentally.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.