Skel Mages Firing Blanks
Yeah, so I decided to try a summonancer after years of dedicated melee. It's fun too.

But while bombing through the Forgotten Tower's cellars yesterday I noticed something. slvl 3 Raise Skeleton Mage and slvl 4 Skeleton Mastery gives me three Skeleton Mages to play with. None of them were actually firing off their spells. Each and every one of them were going through the firing animations, but no spell effects were present. Two of the mages were Poison spellcasters, and none of the enemies were being poisoned so it's not a case of the spell effects being invisible.

My Rogue merc was able to plink fire arrows into the pack, and I was able to cast Teeth, but my skellies were impotent in the face of the enemy. Unsummoning and summoning new ones would allow the newer skeletons to fire, but only once, afterwards they were useless.

I'm not sure if they had always been like this, since I really wasn't paying attention until the cellars. Not sure if it's a permenant problem either, but that can be checked.

Any ideas on why this was happening?

Edit: Set up a game, Golem killed a Quill Rat and I raised a mage (Lit). It worked. Next two mages were both cold ones and they fired their bolts too.

Seemed that the original problem was just situational.

Still, I'd like to know if there is a common problem of impotent skeleton mages, so to speak.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Have my own summoner in Nobbie's mod, haven't had a single problem like this. On the realms I've had a few wierd incidents with skelly mages that were similar, but I'm fairly sure they were all lag.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek