Oak Sage or Carrion vine for PVM wind druid?
Which would work better for my PVM wind druid?
It's not an either/or choice...

That said, I don't think carrion vine is worth pumping. Even with a lot of points, it'll still have a low life and die quickly. While the healing amount goes up, there's a very steep diminishing returns for that. So I'd just have a single point in it and rely on +skills gear to boost it, and I'd just recast it if it's dead and I want a new one.

Oak sage, OTOH, is a very useful spirit for both you and your party. It'll also die a lot, but the extra life benefits from more points are very noticeable.
adeyke,May 4 2004, 11:36 PM Wrote:Oak sage, OTOH, is a very useful spirit for both you and your party.  It'll also die a lot, but the extra life benefits from more points are very noticeable.
I do not understand why, but the Oak Sage spirit seems to have a huge 'threat factor' (for lack of a better term) to monsters.

My Oak Sage can be right beside my Druid and the monsters will target it before they target him. So the Oak Sage dies a lot. However, the Druid does not, because I have time to retreat and re-cast. :)

adeyke, is there some reason why Oak Sage has this high 'threat factor'?
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,May 5 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:I do not understand why, but the Oak Sage spirit seems to have a huge 'threat factor' (for lack of a better term)  to monsters. 

My Oak Sage can be right beside my Druid and the monsters will target it before they target him.   So the Oak Sage dies a lot.  However,  the Druid does not, because I have time to retreat and re-cast.   :)

adeyke, is there some reason why Oak Sage has this high 'threat factor'?
It is because Oak Sage, Heart of Wolverine as well, have bad attitudes. Always floating around in opposing creatures' faces. They might as well wear a sign that says, "Swat Me!!!" :angry:
Darkling Glory,May 5 2004, 12:53 PM Wrote:It is because Oak Sage, Heart of Wolverine as well, have bad attitudes.  Always floating around in opposing creatures' faces.
That must be it !

Cast them away from the fray and they wander in like gormless little tourists. :blink:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

At least until nightmare, you can just point 1 point in oak sage and carrion vine, and with +skills they can survive into nightmare, after that I don't know.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
they get target a lot, because, lest thing, what is ezer to kill, a 5k life druid, or a 2.5k life druid, and if you are in a party, is like making a hit that takes out 1/2 of you life, mabey thats way it considere a treath factor
All creatures have a hidden threat value. You're character, for example, has a value of 10 (or is it 12?). The higher the number, the more likely they are to be targetted. Decoy has somewhere around 20, for comparison. I'm guessing Oak has around 12-14.
Decoys have 14. Oak sages have 8.
And what is the player at, if my decoy number was that far off. (Was I getting it confused with a confused/attracted monster?)
So what if it croaks, ill just recast it. Better than me taking the hits, anyways.
I have gone with Oak Sage, BTW.
Blizzard didn't have enough time to implement AI for the Oak Sage/HoW so they used the Guided Arrow AI.
:lol: