Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man
Clicky.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
My favourite bit:
RELATED NEWS
Get great deals on the new Apple iPod mini. Starting at under $250

gekko

ps the ipod still rocks. I'm trying to sell my original 5 gb first generation pod so I can get a new 20 gb one with a dock.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Well, good thing it's not the one with the non-replaceable battery. <_<
"One day, o-n-e day..."
Quote: Mathers was hysterical when police arrived and told them that she killed her boyfriend only after he accused her of illegally downloading music and erased about 2,000 of her MP3s. Mathers complained that it took 3 months to build her music collection.

Wow, weapon and motive go together! :rolleyes: :blink: :ph34r:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
gekko,May 5 2004, 03:18 AM Wrote:My favourite bit:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; RELATED NEWS
Get great deals on the new Apple iPod mini. Starting at under $250

gekko

ps the ipod still rocks.&nbsp; I'm trying to sell my original 5 gb first generation pod so I can get a new 20 gb one with a dock.
Aye, I found that hilarious, too. I thought it was a random ad, however, and so didn't mention it.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
And I'm waiting to get rid of my 2nd gen 20 gig model until they put out the 4th generation. I'm hoping they go with the iPod Mini style of controls. I just don't like the control arrangement on the 3rd gen; it was very much a step back IMHO.

Couldn't live without the iPod, though. I'm listening to music far more than I ever have in pre-iPod days.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Apple iPod Responsible for Death of Local Man

A misleading headline. The girlfriend is responsible. The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.

Headlines like that can cause the cattle, er, general public, to panic and demand warning labels, file wrongful death lawsuits against Apple, and require permits for any device capable of downloading an MP3.

Quote:Caution: do not swing this device in a forcefull manner at or near bystanders, household pets, or fragile items.&nbsp; Use of this product may cause serious injury or death when used as a club, especially if your significant other is a psyco.

BTW: I have to say the headline did do it's job, it caught my attention.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,May 5 2004, 10:34 AM Wrote:A misleading headline.&nbsp; The girlfriend is responsible.&nbsp; The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.
Thanks

I was going to point out that headlines exactly like that with respect to guns lead to outbursts from the N.R.A. and others. :rolleyes:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Wow, I'm all for multi-function appliances, but this is ridiculous!

WARNING: User of this electronic device may form a strong emotional bond with the music contained herein. The erasure of said data by a non-user may result in bodily harm, exile, or death. Do not taunt happy fun iPod.

WARNING II: Do not apply forcefully to head, as injury may result. Especially do not apply repeatedly, as this may result in bleeding, skull fracture, or possible death. Do NOT taunt happy fun iPod.
... and a warning to significant others to keep their morality to either words or themselves.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

jahcs,May 5 2004, 03:34 PM Wrote:A misleading headline.&nbsp; The girlfriend is responsible.&nbsp; The iPod was just the tool used to create the injuries which killed the man.
... Which would be true if referenced article was true. Check the links. Hell, look at the URL. It's a false article, perhaps satirizing how "mass-ive" the original iPods are.

The first person to respond to this link over at the AB caught it right away (perhaps he frequents Liquid Generation often), oddly enough. I was expecting someone like Pete to come by and call my bluff by this point ^_^
ShadowHM,May 5 2004, 09:36 AM Wrote:headlines exactly like that with respect to guns lead to outbursts from the N.R.A. and others.&nbsp; &nbsp; :rolleyes:
Don't you mean that *people* writing headlines like that lead to the outbursts? ;)

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Only if Shadow agrees with the NRA's outbursts.

<adds own politically correct correction>

Don't you mean that persons of undefined origin and race typing headline articles (although non-headline articles are no less valueable) with an unspecified keyboard brand may have been partially tied to (the concept of "blame" is not part of the new age, non-phallo centric tolerant present) an exclamation of anger (not in any way related to gender or current working status) from a certain organization (which is no more or less important than groups, individuals, and stock holders)?
Nice. I didn't even notice that untill you pointed it out. I'm still kind of curiouse how the iPod made stab wounds... But then again, I've never seen one in real life, so I don't know what it is shaped like.
Those damn people B)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Chief Fruity,May 6 2004, 12:18 AM Wrote:I'm still kind of curiouse how the iPod made stab wounds...&nbsp; But then again, I've never seen one in real life, so I don't know what it is shaped like.
[Image: ipod.jpg]

Yup, looks pretty deadly to me. :blink:
Heh, that title was misleading. I just got finished watching a CSI: Miami where a cell phone had a custom made bomb in it and exploded. I thought maybe some nut saw that episode and rigged a iPod to do the same thing.

Call me sick, but after reading that article, I got an image in my head of some love song the couple liked to hear togeather playing over the iPod as she bludgoned him to death. How ironic that would be.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
F-*Bleep*

Gah, the problem with having to wait months to a year for shows from the US to be brough over here is innocuous spoilers.

Cheers.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
It's not much of a spoiler. You probably won't remember this until you see it. :P
Will they make a Disco version of the iPod, and call it the Saturday Night Fever Special?