I'm online!
I'm finally online! This has rekindled my interest in Diablo 2. Atleast for awhile. If you see a necromancer named Bevenes, tell him hi! My name is still MageoftheSands. If you see me, and you'd like to party, drop me a line.
East, West, Europe, Asia 1/2/3? Hardcore/Softcore? Ladder/Non-Ladder? Expansion/Classic?
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
US East. Expansion. Not ladder. And soon leaving. I'm playing to party, to experience D2 has a member of a team. Instead all I find is people asking to rush, steal, barter, etc. One person who I entered a game yelled at me for "following" him. So much for team spirit. If I wanted to troll for items alone, I could do that in single player.
If you want to take a crack at hardcore ladder, I'm usually on at oddball hours. Right now am re-building a hammerdin while I take a break from other, more challenging, builds. Most likely I'll be on *~~bomb_head~~ for now.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I don't do hardcore. Play 30 hours as a character and have it killed? Noway.
But isn't bashing your forehead into the screen, once you notice that you had 2 full juvs left in your belt, and drunk healing potions instead, against a fanat/es/ef moon lord boss pack the best part of the game? :D
"One day, o-n-e day..."
mageofthesands,May 4 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:US East.  Expansion.  Not ladder.  And soon leaving.  I'm playing to party, to experience D2 has a member of a team.  Instead all I find is people asking to rush, steal, barter, etc.  One person who I entered a game yelled at me for "following" him.  So much for team spirit.  If I wanted to troll for items alone, I could do that in single player.
Have you checked out the Amazon Basin? They might have what you're looking for.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
I will. War story: A sorc and I were charging down a coridor in the cave that leads to the Darkwood. We turned a corner, her going left, me right. She found some of those rogues, while some nasty beetles were charging at me. I told her to fall back. We went into the coridor. My skeletons held the front line while the sorc blasted them with Firebolts. Afterwards, she logged of to make lunch for her kids.

That's how I want to play.
mageofthesands,May 5 2004, 03:49 AM Wrote:I don't do hardcore.  Play 30 hours as a character and have it killed?  Noway.
I used to feel that way, and it is still a drag to lose a char once they get over 50, but you do get used to it, and every time you die, it bothers you less and less. Plus, it's a great way to boost your skill at the game rather than just casting a tp before you go into an area that's going to be trouble (ie Arreat Summit) and just keep dying and trying again until you get it right.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I'd like to get used to softcore first.
Ok. If it makes you feel any better, my level 84 Necro died today in the Throne of Destruction.

Undead Stygian Dolls + Conviction enchanted Death Lord = Dead char.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Ouch. Had a few close calls my self. Some punk hit me, activated the Bone Prison on Leorics, and then it was a deathmacth arena style between me and a an angry fast beetle.

I'm level 60 now. I would love to play with you guys.