Advice on Bowazon.
I have recently been muling over a new bowazon that i'm making. (presently at about lvl 15.) I've done a lot of reading on the subject and my main goal is to create a character that is viable in all acts/dificulties. Unfortunately, however, I haven't played a bowazon since CD2 release. I have a good understanding of the present D2 environment but lack in-depth knowledge of the specifics of the bowazon and how she relates to that environment.

Items are of no consequences, as i have most of the items useful for bowazons or have the ability to trade for them. My original reason for creating a new bowazon was that i have nearly all unique bows going to waste on mules. My original plan was to use Buriza with Hellrack on switch. I quickly dropped the thought of Hellrack because of the insane STR requirements. And now the more i think about this character the less sure I am regarding the Buriza as well.

My present character build looks something like this:

20 Cold Arrow
20 Freezing Arrow
6 Strafe
20 Immolation Arrow
5 Critical Strike
1 in prereqs and other Magic Passives (about 15 other points)

This general plan goes to lvl 74. All other points would go into Valk. I originally chose this plan for the great synergies in the cold line and also the longer freeze time from freezing arrow and Buriza. My main question is will the buriza be fast enough or would it be better off planning on a different weapon? Also would this character plan work?

My other End game item choices would be: Duriels shell, Cat's Eye, Tals Mask, Razor tail (if no buriza), String of Ears (possibly with Buriza), Other equipment is more variable.

All ideas and reccomendations would be highly appreciated. I'm pretty set on my skill choices but they are roughly changable. I'm unsure what to use as my main weapon, although i think i will probably use Kuko for my switch.

I plan to use an act 2 might merc equiped with Reapers Toll. Should i drop immo and pump valk instead, thus giving me 2 viable tanks? And if i choose to go this route would i be unable to effectively circumvent certain mob attributes? I want to be able to Effectively kill anything i may come across. Whether i obtain that effectiveness through items or skills is of little importance.

With my frenzy barb dual equiped with B-stars it would still take far too long to kill monsters in A5/Hell using just the stars and frenzy. The barb has Berzerk to compensate but i can't think of any items i could switch to if i came across a Cold/PI with such a set-up. This was my main reason for choosing the high immo, so i could have a decent second attack that can both assist my tanks with cold immune or actually kill the occasional cold/PI.

thanks for the thoughts.
Immo Arrow isn't really good. Maybe if you used a Kuku, but even then it's up in the air. You might want to ditch that in favor of Pierce/Valk or even just the evasion skills. The reason I say put points in pierce is so that you don't need to limit your use to a bow that has it build in.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I'm inclined to agree... I'll even narrow it down and recommend valkyrie all the way (it pays to have her beefy).

I have basically the exact same build (lvl 89 now?) with a few variations. Based on my exp, you might also stick with the Burrito, if only for the freeze time when combined with FA... I keep ending up going back to it for this reason, even though I've found more interesting ones along the way - it's valuable to have enemies hold still for a real long time (even longer if you go so far as to put a perfect saph into it :)).

edit: as far as "effectively kill anything" - I use her to run around in the River of Flame & such in games with up to 4 players, and I do fine. If you prefer to solo alot, just play in a game alone - most Hell mobs will go down with a single Strafe & a Freezing Arrow or 2, if you're the only player in game.
It gets a little tedious with more company than 4 though - but the solution here, of course, is to party with them for a Baal assault perhaps... whatever works for you. :)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap