About Hellfire: Fixed
Quote:No not stupid, Sierra. Slight but notable difference

Karik's was indeed stupid Sierra. OLH is fine for D1, but not so great for HF. Sierra really should've noticed.

Quote:+Vit - Mag ring: But as per change above (overlords helm). Sor would lose 60 mana from -30mag, warrior would lose 30 mana from -30 mag, so split the differance, Karik's ring would be +60 vit, -45 Mana, still good for warrior types.

Not gonna split the difference on Karik's or OLH. I want the penalty to be suitable for the primary user. Karik's primary users will be Barbarians, thus -30 Mana. Similar logic for OLH.

Quote:+Mag -Dex ring: Casters have no (real) need for Dex anyway, That and it will probably only be reading glasses anyway.

Right, but that's exactly why -DEX is a crappy penalty for Xorine's Ring: it doesn't penalize the primary user! -STR is much more fitting because it virtually forces a mage to go low AC. I'm leaving Xorine +MAG/-STR.

Quote:Hmmm... would greatly increase survivability in Hell/Hell. But would make nigh invulnerable in Normal...
Debatable.

It'd increase survivability vs Succubi. He'd still crumble like a dust bunny when caught in a mob of melee critters.

Quote:Hmm "Warding" implies "boosts defenses" so by name is should have some +resist...

Oh, don't get hung-up on the name. That can change.

Quote:Mana steal good idea, maybe reduce it to 3% and make it more of a "positive" item, lots of little things, but nothing major.

Well, mana steal from a non-weapon is something major in and of itself. It can give birth to entirely new equipment setups. So, the item really should reflect that.

-Lemmy
Kalaroth,May 4 2004, 03:20 AM Wrote:Well for one, I do think that something in the mod makes enchants easier to find, but I don't think that it was done on purpose. I would assume not anyway. It's just that I don't find any "white" items. Any time any creature drops an equipable item, it's enchanted. EVERY time. The only white items come from chests or are just already laying on the ground. I went back into regular Diablo, and regular HF, and did the first level two or three times in each of them... Things seemed normal. Loaded HF:F back up, and the enchants started dropping like mad again. I don't get it.   :unsure:
Hello Kalaroth,

I'm assuming that you're playing SP. It seams there is indeed a problem with the item creation and it's related with ears having the resurrection spell (which is done according to the HF:fixed readme). At least that is wat Zenda found in The Dark 5.0 which suffered the same problem. A bit more info can be found in this thread
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Quote:I'm assuming that you're playing SP. It seams there is indeed a problem with the item creation and it's related with ears having the resurrection spell (which is done according to the HF:fixed readme). At least that is wat Zenda found in The Dark 5.0 which suffered the same problem. A bit more info can be found in this thread

That's a bizarre bug if I ever heard one. I based the SP.exe off of the MP.exe, removing any SP-incompatible changes as necessary. And I left in anything that didn't seem to matter -- like ears having resurrect! :) Welp, that's a quick fix.

Thanks, Zamal!

-Lemmy
Give Golem Resists, even if he IS tougher against Succubi, he still has to 'catch' them.

(Un-named Mana Steal amulet)
I say either make it similar to Helm of Sprits in that the mana steal is really its only bonus, period.
OR
Give it a -mana enchantment. I think that would be a fitting curse, you cant store up as much, but you can regenerate it.

*warning, tangent, warning*
The 5%"vampires" enchant would be perfect for the -mana enchant. If anyone has played Heros of Might and Magic III, you know the Vampire Lord? They aren't a "healthy/tough" creature in anyway, BUT despite them not having much life, you just cant seem to kill the buggers off, they just regenerate too easily. Just like how a mana stealing mana reduction ring would work, it'd be very easy to empty your mana globe, but just as easy to fill it right back up.
*end tangent*

Also if you warrior uses mana shield, would he opt for regular old Sword of Vamps.
Or would he be willing to use a sword of XXXX +VampEnchant, if it meant less total mana, if he takes too many consecutive big hits his shield is much more likely to fall.

And that Ressurect Ear bug/thing is really weird. I guess I didn't notice anything because I always played HFF-Multi
Quote:I say either make it similar to Helm of Sprits in that the mana steal is really its only bonus, period.

I find unique items more interesting when they alter standard equipment setups.

CC: Warriors/Barbs must use some sort of +ToHit item (like RoE) to make use of it.

Nightscape: If you really want to capitalize on its Darkness, you'll need to toss in another -Light item.

I'd like this amulet to do the same sort of thing.

Quote:Give it a -mana enchantment. I think that would be a fitting curse, you cant store up as much, but you can regenerate it.

Unfortunately, I don't think a -Mana enchantment would do what I'm hoping.

Quote:And that Ressurect Ear bug/thing is really weird. I guess I didn't notice anything because I always played HFF-Multi.

It's a really weird bug, but it's easily fixed since HFF:SP is a different executable from HFF:MP.

-Lemmy
I like the idea of -mana enchantment on the mana steal amulet, perhaps it could be one of multiple negative modifiers.

BTW, has the blocking bonus bug been fixed? If not, is it feasible to fix it? If not, perhaps the bonuses could be set to 0, it's kind of stupid that you get the bonus in the first game but not later.
Less QQ more Pew Pew