Bowazon Magic Arrow
Yesterday I tried to build my Amazon and put some points in Magic Arrow.
Suprised to see that mana cost decreases with lvl and when it reached about 13 lvl it stopped using mana at all!!!
Yipieeee!!!!
Made it with Valk 20, and it doesn;t use any arrows.
Explain?????????
happens with double swing (barb) too.
Except that it keeps going.

My barb now GAINS 3 mana for using double swing, so even if I don't end up hitting for the leech to work, I get 3 mana and enough to cast frenzy anyway. At least, that's what the skill-tree page says.

why?
bug
treat
oversight

take your pick. I, for one, am not complaining.
(/me should really get round to building a 'zon on the realms)

-Bob
bigM,Apr 26 2004, 01:17 AM Wrote:Made it with Valk 20, and it doesn;t use any arrows.
Explain?????????
Magic Arrow on its own never uses arrows at all. Your Amazon is, in actuality, firing an arrow made out of magic. This is true regardless of how many points of Valkyrie you have.

bigM,Apr 26 2004, 01:17 AM Wrote:Suprised to see that mana cost decreases with lvl and when it reached about 13 lvl it stopped using mana at all!!!
Yipieeee!!!!
Yes, that is a nice little feature of Magic Arrow. I like it quite a bit, too!
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Quote:My barb now GAINS 3 mana for using double swing, so even if I don't end up hitting for the leech to work, I get 3 mana and enough to cast frenzy anyway. At least, that's what the skill-tree page says.

It's just a display error. It never actually has a negative mana cost.

EDIT:

Fixed punny typo :P.
Quote:It's just a display arrow.
Har. :P You have quite a way with puns, adeyke.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
as a plus, 20% of your damage is now transform to magic damage, if your arrows do 2k of damage(physical only), then 400 will be magical damage, and 1600 will be physical, nice to kill imunes to phycical, and does uses mana :D
loked,Apr 26 2004, 12:00 PM Wrote:if your arrows do 2k of damage(physical only)
Pardon my gross lack of knowledge of what can happen in Hell, but a BOW doing 2k physical damage? Can that happen?
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
@gimlisan:
As far as I can tell, my Eaglehorn maxes at around 2.3k damage (after subtracting Poison).

On my Druid. :P
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
eaglehorn, windforce, buriza if you are a dexazon, botd colosus crossbow can give you over 2k of damage and many others if you uses a act 2 might merc