+tree items and synergies
I made a tooth Necromancer recently (in Act 2 normal now), and just bought a fungal wand (+1 poison and bone tree.) However, when I equip him with it, the damage for teeth does not change from his +1 to teeth wand, even though all of the synergies that I have for it (bone spear and bone wall) go up by one point, which should cause a +30% from base damage increase. Also, the damage absorbed by bone armor increases only 10, whereas the level of it's synergy (bone wall) increased by 1, which should add another 15 to damage absorbed. Is this intentional? Is this a game bug? Or are the changes happening, but not being listed?
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Synergies aren't affected by +skills items. This is not a bug.
Ummm...ok. Does anyone know why this is? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
adeyke,Apr 24 2004, 09:37 AM Wrote:Synergies aren't affected by +skills items.&nbsp; This is not a bug.
Hahahaha... at least, they're not suppose to be! Ever see a necro with Marrowwalk boots? How about an assassin with Shadow Dancer boots? I think I remember someone telling me a Barbarians BO also increases ones synergies, but it's been awhile since I've played D, so I can't be certian.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Because some skills would be ridiculously overpowered if it wasn't so, I believe.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
Also, druid's pets are an exception to this rule.
Quote:Ever see a necro with Marrowwalk boots?

You are correct about there being a problem, as the boots can buggily give synergies. However, the problem is with the charges, not with +skills.

Quote:How about an assassin with Shadow Dancer boots?

I don't see how those would do anything.

Quote:I think I remember someone telling me a Barbarians BO also increases ones synergies, but it's been awhile since I've played D, so I can't be certian.

BO only increases life/mana/stamina. Maybe you mean Battle Command? In any case, that won't affect synergies, either.

I guess it needs to be mentioned now that some of the synergies are affected by +skills, though the vast majority of them aren't. For example, the free prayer with every cleansing or meditation is affected by +skills, as are the druid summoning synergies (these synergies already existed in 1.09 and they weren't nerfed into fitting the new synergy model).
Quote:QUOTE&nbsp;
Ever see a necro with Marrowwalk boots?

You are correct about there being a problem, as the boots can buggily give synergies. However, the problem is with the charges, not with +skills.

What do the boots do? And buggily?
adeyke,Apr 25 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:as are the druid summoning synergies (these synergies already existed in 1.09 and they weren't nerfed into fitting the new synergy model).
I don't really think of those as synergies, they're just skills like the Necro's Summon boosters (skel/golem mastery, summon res) that have a multi-use.

Edit: yeah, yeah, I know that's what the synergies are, but since they existed pre-1.10, it's hard to think of them as actual synergies.

If I'm not mistaken, Valk also gains the +skill bonuses for Dodge, Avoid and Evade.

Quote:What do the boots do? And buggily?
If you don't have any other sources of Bone Prison (ie no points or items with +prison) then it will treat the level 33 Bone Prison on the Marrows as a synergy (hence bug), giving a rather huge bonus to your other bone skills. There are several other items that will do this, namely anything that has charges (and items that have +skill without the specific class mentioned like on scepters, etc.). Given that Blizzard has made no announcements whatsoever that they're even thinking about updating D2 again, chances are they might just wind up calling it a feature and saying it was intentional.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:If I'm not mistaken, Valk also gains the +skill bonuses for Dodge, Avoid and Evade.

No. All the Valk's synergies are just based on the base points. None of them benefit from +skills.

Quote:(and items that have +skill without the specific class mentioned like on scepters, etc.)

Items with oskills don't give synergies. It's only the items with charges that are affected. More specifically, the items that are affected are those that have charges of a skill that you don't have points in but which would synergize a skill that you do use. Many items with charges fail these criteria.
Quote:If you don't have any other sources of Bone Prison (ie no points or items with +prison) then it will treat the level 33 Bone Prison on the Marrows as a synergy (hence bug), giving a rather huge bonus to your other bone skills.

I just got Marrow walk on my clvl 76 skelmancer... trang set, arm of king leoric wand, golemlord's amulet, marrow walk... The only difference was my Skellies got a bit more damage from the +1 Skel Mastery, but that's it...

You said "Bone Skills"? Does that mean all Poison and Bone Skills?
The Marrowwalk synergy thing is a bug.

If you have no points in bone prison and no +bone prison item, it'll give a level 33 synergy to teeth, bone spear, bone spirit, bone armour and bone wall (i.e. the skills that bone prison synergizes).

And just to make it perfectly clear, the Marrowwalk synergy thing is a bug.