Ulduar Discussion Thread
Quote:When we beat the Council enrage by 3 minutes, or Kologorn's arm dies before he can grip one person... I don't think that's 13 item levels of gear doing our job.

[...]

One other thing is that healer gear is largely a non-factor for the 10-man fights I listed - and on 10-man, the raid damage is low enough that even undergeared healers can easily keep people alive through it.
13 ilvls of gear across slots is quite a bit, especially in the DPS department. Nobody is arguing that 10-man modes are impossible, or unbeatable without 25-man gear. But if you walk in there overgeared, and say "wow was that easy," that conclusion may not hold up if you didn't have the gear. It might not be a loss, but it might also be a lot closer to the wire.

-Jester
So - apparently XT-002 has some kind of proximity limitation where adds won't spawn within a certain range of him. A friend's guild of our feral tried tanking him on the east side of the room, right between the two garbage piles, and over their some odd 10 pulls not a single add spawned out of those two trash piles.

We weren't having any trouble farming him on heroic anymore anyway, but for grins gave it a shot to verify last night, and his proximity to those piles definitely prohibits spawns there. Talk about easy mode.

So if you get bored, try creative tanking spots for XT:P
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:We weren't having any trouble farming him on heroic anymore anyway, but for grins gave it a shot to verify last night, and his proximity to those piles definitely prohibits spawns there. Talk about easy mode.

I wasn't there lastnight, but heard the Tantrum damage was quite laughable compared to last week. A shame i didn't get to see him at his pre-nerf tuning. At least I got to see all the antechamber bosses pre-nerf.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I wasn't there lastnight, but heard the Tantrum damage was quite laughable compared to last week. A shame i didn't get to see him at his pre-nerf tuning. At least I got to see all the antechamber bosses pre-nerf.

Last night was my first look at him and while I hadn't really studied the fight much yet (it wasn't on the initial agenda for the raid and I'm still time limited), I did remember some stuff about the positioning and tantrum damage from threads here on the lounge and was a little nervous about my healing it as a pally (though that passed very quickly when I remembered I was healing with Tori :) ) but yeah it turned out to be a major joke.

Oh and as to his voice. I found Ignis waaaay more annoying than XT. I actually got a chuckle out of XT's voice.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Last night was my first look at him and while I hadn't really studied the fight much yet (it wasn't on the initial agenda for the raid and I'm still time limited), I did remember some stuff about the positioning and tantrum damage from threads here on the lounge and was a little nervous about my healing it as a pally (though that passed very quickly when I remembered I was healing with Tori :) ) but yeah it turned out to be a major joke.

Oh and as to his voice. I found Ignis waaaay more annoying than XT. I actually got a chuckle out of XT's voice.

Wait till you get to Mimiron and his opening speech with regards to XT... :lol:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
We did 7 bosses last night in 25 - good start to the week. They nerfed the hell out of most of them, looks like.

Ignus was pretty laughable compared to before, not that he was hard before. He still has a bug regarding his auto-attacks and the slag pot, not that it matters much. He sometimes takes an extra melee attack just after charging to put someone in the slag pot...hit our MT twice within 0.2 seconds thanks to that - easy enough fight now that you can just have an OT taunt and carry it out. I don't think there is anything about that encounter that wasn't nerfed this week.

XT was unnecessarily nerfed as well. We still did our Divine Sacrafice rotation on tantrums, but wasn't nearly the big help it used to be.

Kologarn - eh, not sure, I think they nerfed something, but he was pretty easy before with the right positioning.

Iron Council - less damage taken all around, seemed like.

Auriaya - less damage taken again. Easy one-shot.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Also heard the XT enrage was nerfed so he is reasonably doable in hard mode. Wonder if it's viable to solo heal with some off-specs helping a bit during tantrums.

I think they'll have to do something along that avenue for Hodir as well. 8 million HP in 120 seconds is 1 tank / 1 healer plus 8 DPSers doing about 8k DPS each? That's going to happen =/
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:I think they'll have to do something along that avenue for Hodir as well. 8 million HP in 120 seconds is 1 tank / 1 healer plus 8 DPSers doing about 8k DPS each? That's going to happen =/

Even with storm powered, starlit casters smacking a boss that takes an extra 60% spell dmg thanks to Singe?

Anyway, I imagine we'll all need some great DPS gear upgrades before we can do this one.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
I've verified that hard mode XT is 10 minute enrange.

So killing the heart is about 2 million damage or so. Then he bumps up to 12.5mil

If it takes 2 minutes to kill the heart, that's 1 tank / 2 healers and 3750 DPS x 7 players plus whatever the bots add. Still fairly challenging when you consider there's no heart.

Sounds doable if you have strong DPS. 2 healing with the additional hard mode effectis is probably reasonably challenging, but doable as well. Stretching mana for 10 minutes can get interesting.
Quote:I've verified that hard mode XT is 10 minute enrange.

So killing the heart is about 2 million damage or so. Then he bumps up to 12.5mil

If it takes 2 minutes to kill the heart, that's 1 tank / 2 healers and 3750 DPS x 7 players plus whatever the bots add. Still fairly challenging when you consider there's no heart.

Sounds doable if you have strong DPS. 2 healing with the additional hard mode effectis is probably reasonably challenging, but doable as well. Stretching mana for 10 minutes can get interesting.

Just got this in 10 man on Tuesday. We found that it was already straining the mana of three healers to keep up, so we didn't try two. I think this was prior to the TT nerf, though, so it might be easier to do it now.
Yogg'Saron 25-man is fun... And a hefty DPS check. I'm not the biggest fan of Blizzard going back on their "We won't require you to use dual specs to progress" with the way that they expect 7 healers for the General, and 5 for Yogg (As well as ~7 melee...), but meh.

I will say that as awesome as phase 2 is, wiping in phase 1 is extremely frustrating.
Quote:I will say that as awesome as phase 2 is, wiping in phase 1 is extremely frustrating.

"No, you moron, don't finish the cast!"

Healing seems to be balanced around 0 watchers more than DPS is currently. So with all the watcher abilities up, healing is much less stressful and requires less people.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:"No, you moron, don't finish the cast!"

Healing seems to be balanced around 0 watchers more than DPS is currently. So with all the watcher abilities up, healing is much less stressful and requires less people.

We got him down tonight... But is it just me, or does the spawn rate of the phase 3 immortal guardians ramp up very quickly after a point?

It seemed that after 4 minutes in Phase 3, we would be way behind on killing them... Even though our melee destroyed them prior to that point, and nobody died.

All in all, I loved the pacing of Phase 2, and the Phase 2-3 transition. Not at all a fan of Phase 1 though. Boring and way too finicky.

All in all, doing him with 3 or 2 guardians seems to be quite possible... 1 will be quite a trick.