Tournaments and Games
Well I think that you guys should make tournaments and games of Diablo1 and Diablo2 and send an Email to each member to inform them when it is going to take place.And for those who wins each tournaments,there username and Battle.net account should be posted up on the website to honor them,and you guys should also make a big tournament once a year which will give to who ever wins gets the title gamer of the year.
Hi,

I personally think that this is neiter necessary (that's personal taste) nor desireable.

As for necessary, what for? I'm not into parading myself, and the same might be true for the rest of the LL. This forum is more for working on the intricacies of a game, not showing how good you are at it. As for me, I rather like a "Name the Diablo Clone"-contest than a playing contest.

Also, I think such a tournament would draw people to the Lounge who would not really fit in here. As I see it, the Lounge is not trying to be part of the "elite" crowd, and that's the clientele such tournaments would bring to this site.

Well, just my two cents.

Take care,
Lord_Olf

EDIT: typos
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Lord Olf has already given the good reasons why this is philosophically a poor idea.

Additionally, it is a horribly unwieldy thing to administer. Lurkers live all over the world. There are differing time zones and differing connection qualities to the various realms. The sheer weight of the time needed to make up a set of rules for such a tournament that we would all consider a 'true' test of our skill is daunting all by itself. I rather doubt that any such set of rules could be created. Then there is the time needed to adjudicate the tournament. There are far too many of us to manage that.

Our administrators have quite enough to do already. They are long-suffering volunteers who cheerfully (most of the time ;) ) look after this Lounge. But suggesting such a huge additional task is quite unfair.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Well, I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Before you tell us what we should do, why don't you take even two seconds to consider what type of forum this is. Just because we discuss Diablo and Diablo II here, we should have tournaments and honour one person as the "title gamer of the year?"

You may find this hard to believe, but many (most?) of us here have little to no interest in PvP. For that matter, most of us here have no interest in competing in any way, shape or form (excepting, of course, the lovely 'name the D-clone' contests we see occasionaly :D).

That's reality. Learn a little before you open your mouth (keyboard?) next time.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"