People need your help!
Isn't this a beautiful car? (its a VW Passat for those of you who don't know)
[Image: 1glam.jpg]

That car (and its owner of course :D) are driving across the country in order to raise money for those in need. To quote the owner: "While many of us donate to charities and volunteer in our personal time, there is something special to be said for the power of an online community coming together and donating as one community." He is going to make a drive across the country, in order to raise money and awareness for the charities specified in this link http://dubsunited.elitedubs.com/

I know him, and I want to try and help spread the word of what I think is a great idea. I know this is off topic, but you guys know me and know that I've posted here before (I used to play a helluva lot of Diablo 2 :P). Griz and Bolty, please don't delete my post. I won't recieve any of the money for this, I merely am trying to help a friend with a benign plan.

For all of those interested, any donation is acceptable. All the information you would need is in the link (again http://dubsunited.elitedubs.com/ for those who missed it)

Thanks in advance
-Wapptor

<edited> to remove license plate number
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I suggest you edit that photo to remove the licence plate number.

*Quickly writes it down for stalking purproses.*
Wapptor,

I know this is a friend of yours, but I feel that I have to mention that many "send dollars for charity" scenarios turn out to be scams. Out here in Oregon, there was a group that recently sponsored seveal charity fundraiser events related to LoTR, and the events' sponsors made off with all the money. In that case, up until the last minute even the close friends of the scammers believed that they were participating in a legitimate charity endeavor.

I note that in the page you linked, Wapptor, no mention is made of how much money of the donated money will be sent to the respective charities. Will the drivers be using some of the money to fund their trip across the country? How much will go to the charity? If somebody donates, will there be any way for them to be certain that the charity ended up with the money?

I'm not going to delete the post. But, I will advise people to be very careful about sending money away for causes such as this one.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
As much as I understand your concern, I think its unfortunate that people are not trusting of others. I do know this person fairly well. If you would like to read where the idea came from, here is a link to the post where the idea was proposed:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php...86469ccc1fc98ba

Decide to do what you want, but I see the good in this.

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell