Duriel Quest Problem
I have a paladin and a barbarian that are stuck in act 2 normal. They each have the last quest in act 2 open, but neither one can pick up an assembled staff or any freshly found staff parts. I know the barbarian has killed duriel before, but the wall into the chamber is intact. Making new game does not help.

Has anyone seen this or does anyone have a suggestion?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Can you join a "Kill Duriel" type game (or brave the muddy waters of open battlenet if this is single player) to get quest credit?

I thought that if you'd previously killed Duriel, then the staff chamber would be permanently open for you (presumably so all the millions of people addicted to Duriel runs could kill him repeatedly), but maybe there's something odd going on if you've killed him but not got quest credit for some reason.

The final quest remains open until after you've talked to Tyrael, Drognan, Jehryn and Meshif (I think), but you won't be able to pick up a piece of the staff or the completed staff as soon as you've completed the 'Assemble the staff and stick it in the hole' quest two.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:(or brave the muddy waters of open battlenet if this is single player)

why such a description of open b-net? (sorry, i've never tried it...)
@ogot:
No hack protection, with the obvious consequences.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
That, and it's slow... :P And all games are in one big pool. So when joining a game, you have to wait 10 years to find out if it is a difficulty you can join + whether or not it is expansion + whether or not it is HC. And if it isn't, you have to wait half a decade for the failed to join game message to go away. And the game creator leaves the game, the game ends, and you have to sit through that 5 year message again. :mellow:

/edit: added HC part
oh ok...
Obi2Kenobi,Apr 19 2004, 01:31 AM Wrote:That, and it's slow...
Actually, that depends on what game you play in. Unlike closed bnet that hosts games on the realm, games are hosted on the person's computer who creates the game. It's basically a tcp/ip meeting place. When I would host the games when I played open, because I have cable there was very little lag to speak of. However, when I would join others games who were not so broadband, it could sometimes be worse than closed on a saturday.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
lfd,Apr 18 2004, 07:37 AM Wrote:I thought that if you'd previously killed Duriel, then the staff chamber would be permanently open for you (presumably so all the millions of people addicted to Duriel runs could kill him repeatedly), but maybe there's something odd going on if you've killed him but not got quest credit for some reason.

I also thought that once one killed duriel the chamber would be permanently open. It did not seem to work that way. However I should explain that the quest was quite mixed up. When the patch came out and I started playing ladder, I wanted to get a low level character into act III for buying gray items. I let the barbarian kill duriel and another of my characters walked through to rescue Tyrael.

I solved the problem by bringing another new character along to open the chamber, and had two hereos in the tomb together (one keyboard). No deaths except for duriel.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."