My eyeballs are ready to pop out!
Scuba diving was also eventually good for my sinus troubles -- seemed to make my sinus passages permanantly larger. When I first started it was hell, even a slight stuffiness would result in a mask full of blood upon surfacing. Since then, sinus headaches or troubles are very, very rare for me.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

my sinus headaches sometimes keep me from sleeping... when that happens I take Sudafed Sinus Nighttime with Pain Relief. I thank the Creator for its existence. It takes about 20 mins to kick in.. then I'm not only able to sleep, but when I wake up I feel better than I ever do waking up. If the sinus headache is very painful I close my eyes and put a hot poker, I mean, a hot washcloth on my eyelids. You might cook yer eyeballs but hey that's a whole lot better than that sinus pain.

-V
blondebomber,Apr 16 2004, 04:35 PM Wrote:If nothing is working I would say go see your Dr. Because it can be a sinus infection which is treated with antibiotics.
That's what I did, and that's what it is. Now I'm armed with some high-powered antibiotic and a nasal spray (Nasonex?).
Yep Nasonex, that is very good nasal spray if that doesnt work try another nasal spray called Rhinocort. That one works for me better than the nasonex. Hope you get to feeling better now :D
Amazon Basin Member

Us West Scl Blondebomber
blondebomber,Apr 17 2004, 10:07 PM Wrote:Yep Nasonex, that is very good nasal spray if that doesnt work try another nasal spray called Rhinocort. That one works for me better than the nasonex. Hope you get to feeling better now  :D
I think I'll be sticking with the Nasonex until I'm all better, mainly because I have so much of it right now.

After getting the prescriptions (the antibiotic is something called "RATIO-CEFUROXIME", btw), I casually asked if the stuff was expensive. You never can tell with prescription medications, especially the brand name ones.

My drug plan covers 2/3rds of the cost of prescribed meds, but I only had a $20 bill in my pocket at the time. I needed to know if I had make a stop at the ATM before going to the pharmacy, but I guess my doctor thought I was just poor and handed me a month's worth of free Nasonex samples.

I was gonna open my mouth and say "no thanks, I can cover it", but then I saw the giant stash of samples she had and I clamped my mouth shut and happily accepted the free gift.
If you want to stave off a little of the horror that antibiotics due to the beneficial bacteria in your body, you might want to supplement with a probiotic. At least your digestion will return to normal faster that way.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

DeeBye,Apr 18 2004, 03:37 AM Wrote:My drug plan covers 2/3rds of the cost of prescribed meds, but I only had a $20 bill in my pocket at the time.  I needed to know if I had make a stop at the ATM before going to the pharmacy, but I guess my doctor thought I was just poor and handed me a month's worth of free Nasonex samples.

I was gonna open my mouth and say "no thanks, I can cover it", but then I saw the giant stash of samples she had and I clamped my mouth shut and happily accepted the free gift.
Yes doctors get plenty of samples of medications and we all know how expensive prescriptions can get. Most are more than willing to give samples to their patients.
Amazon Basin Member

Us West Scl Blondebomber