My brain hurts...
Hail Lurkers,

after I went to this page, my brain started to feel like it had been shaven with a very dull razor or maybe just replaced by a four day old roll... it just hurt badly, to make my point. Anyway, as no deed, good or bad, should go unnoticed (or unpunished), here's what I'd like to share with you... I just hope I'll not get kicked out of the LL for posting this. Well, enjoy... if you can...

http://winnoise.sytes.org/

I hope the link works, as I've never posted one on the LL before; if it doesn't, a helpful hint will probably be more productive than a flaming; please do only flame me after visiting the site ;-)

Take care,
Lord_Olf

PS: I really hope this works... *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Typos and it seems to work... at least for me
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
I'm quite certain this qualifies as "music" for some people :) And perhaps it *is* music, but could you really listen to it time and time again?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, music is in the ear of the listener. This just goes to show that humans will attempt, successful or not, to make music with whatever tools they have at hand, be it two sticks to beat together, a fine violin or the latest synthesizer. I do think it a clever use of resources.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Slow to pick up, but the first time through, I found the later parts of it quite good, considering it's synthesized from only a handful of simple effects.

:P
This is kinda like the techno song I heard that was made completely from the *.wav files from counterstrike. I think it's kinda goofy :)
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
<Click here to get the Plugin>

Heh, I love Firefox, and the fact that I don't have to install Flash if I don't want to without getting a popup every time asking me to install it ^_^
I rather like it actually. Music is one of those things that has subjective standards applied to it. Like fine art, some community of academics feels themselves qualified to judge the absolute quality and impact of a piece, but in the end, the social impact is determined by how much some rich nut is willing to pay to own it; or in the case of "popular" music, how many 12 yr olds call MTV to request it.

LochnarITB,Apr 14 2004, 06:00 PM Wrote:Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, music is in the ear of the listener.&nbsp; This just goes to show that humans will attempt, successful or not, to make music with whatever tools they have at hand, be it two sticks to beat together, a fine violin or the latest synthesizer.&nbsp; I do think it a clever use of resources.

That reminds me: As my final project for a music theory class in college (had to compose three pieces, each in a different style from a list provided by the instructor) I slapped together the "Trash Day Suite." Inspired by the early morning trash removal from my off campus residence, it had three movements: 2) "Da Bums and Da Bottles" - a creative percussion piece with 6 primary sounds - glass on glass, glass on aluminum, aluminum on aluminum, glass breaking, aluminum dropping, and "rattle the bin." 2) "5 More Minutes" - a non metric vocal piece that starts dreamy and tries to stay that way but is occasionally pierced by the sopranos imitating the "beep beep beep" of a backing up truck. 3) "Fine, I'm Up" - I was going for something that would blend from the dreamy quality of the previous movement into a more regimented and clear simple melody to mirror the process of gaining coherence as one prepares for the day. Unfortunately, the closest I could get was something more like a poorly conceived canon that couldn't get itself together. Maybe some day I'll get off my ass and record it. Someday I suppose...

Not sure why I though anyone would want to hear about that, but sometimes it's just nice to remember things you had fun doing...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This one gave me a nerdy chuckle...

http://www.mintimperial.com/robots/
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

hmm, might bother tomorrow with link - firebird has the feature of crashing with complicated stuff.

remember playing first song I heard by velvet acid christ - #$%& to bitch (goth queen) to a bunch of people, bit gothy ones - only response was it "hurts my ears" and the likes, to me it's perfection.