Need tips for Amazon
Since my D2 won't let me play online, I have been playing my single player HighBreedZon (hint: read the name fast)

She is in act 5 nightmare right now at lvl 67. Here are her stats:
Str: 105
Dex: 230-ish
Vit: 100
Enr: base

She will be using strafe, lit fury, and charged strike as her main attacks. I have dumped points into dex for her bow damage, however I'm a bit concerned about her puny life. With only about 560 life, I am not sure if she can survive toe-on-toe to use charged stike in hell mode. Her bow damage is around 200 - 1000 damage. Should I stop dumping points into dex and start investing into vitatilty?

If any experts in this forum would share their experiences with me, I would be really grateful.
From your stats it seems you are making a glass cannon amazon so you are right charged strike isnt the way to go. You are better off putting your skills into passives and letting your valk take the hits for you. If you are already invested in charged strike then yes stop with the dex and put everything else you got into vit. The high dex means you will have a high block so between that and dodge/avoid you should be ok.
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
Arrunique is absolutely correct. Unless you can cram your inventory with +20 life small charms (unlikely in single player :) ) and/or you have VERY excellent gear, 100 vitality will not be sufficient to survive hell. With proper use of decoy, valk, and a generally careful approach, 100 vitality can get a bowazon through hell, even in HC. If you're set on using this gal as a hybridzon, you'll absolutely have to get more life.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
A general rule of thumb Hardcore characters use is to have 10x your level in life, for *ranged attackers*. Melee characters need more -- as much more as they can get, but 15x - 20x life would be a good start. By that standard you're pretty low at 560 at level 67. You'll need to fight from range or beef up to melee.

Sailboat
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I should have asked earlier. She is struggling to stay alive in hell act 1 now :(

I think I will have to go back to nightmare mode and hunt for some vita small charms :lol:
patriach,Apr 13 2004, 05:26 PM Wrote:Thanks to everyone for the advice. I should have asked earlier. She is struggling to stay alive in hell act 1 now  :(

I think I will have to go back to nightmare mode and hunt for some vita small charms  :lol:
Also I would highly recommend not going beyond Den of Evil hell till clvl 70, or even 75.

BTW, you could still salvage your build... make her a bowie :D Just max LFury & nothing else in the J&S Tree, & go FA+Strafe in the B&XB Tree. Of course, at clvl 60+, skill pts are very hard to come by.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile