The Blues Brothers
I'm one of those people who's seen his favorite movies MANY times over, and has the majority of them on DVD. Today I had a couple friends over and we were watching the Blues Brothers when I noticed... well, I THOUGHT I noticed something wrong.

But I'm not sure.

Jake and Elwood retire to Elwood's rather spacious room at the Plymouth Hotel after the mall car chase. Jake is worried about the police showing up, since they have Elwood's driver's license. But fear not! Elwood falsified his information last time he renewed his license. The address? 1060 W. Addison (home of the Cubs, Wrigley Field). Okay, now is when things get hazy.

I could have SWORN there was a very brief shot of a collection of Chicago's finest gathered in front of Wrigley field. I remember them standing there looking up at the field, and I have a dim recollection of John Candy making some comment. The problem? It's not there.

I later jumped back to that scene to watch it again. I've seen the movie so many times that I was only half paying attention to it while talking with the guys. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Maybe I was in the bathroom at just the right/wrong time and didn't catch it. Or maybe I've lost it and there was never any such shot.

I've seen a few other movies where the home version didn't have a few scenes from the theatres. But I never saw it in the theatres. In fact, I had just joined the ranks of the human race when it was released. This leaves me with a few options:

1 - The VHS version has this short scene.
2 - a TV version has this scene
3 - I've completely manufactured this memory
4 - I've finally overdosed on caffeine from too much Mountain Dew

(admittedly, the third and fourth may go together)

Any Lurkers care to verify my sanity?
See you in Town,
-Z
I am not all that sure of my memory (I do have the movie on dvd, I'm just not looking it up) I seem to recall though that it wasn't john candy and the police that were outside wrigley field. I think it was the nazi's who they show being fooled by that. I also think its a little later in the movie instead of being near when he actually says that he falsified his information. So thats how I remember it, as faulty as that may be.
I've seen that scene too, so either we've both manufactured the memory, you were in the bathroom when it was on this time, or it's answer #1 or #2.

I guess that didn't narrow it down much, sorry! :huh:

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Edited post:

Woohoo!! I'm not crazy! For some reason my DVD skips over that shot. And only that shot. I can fast forward over the scene change to get to it and it plays fine, but if I start from the beginning and just play though, it never shows them at Wrigley.

*shrugs* Never had that happen before...
See you in Town,
-Z
Now you have me pondering over the "Planet Kawalsky" reference that I remember hearing in Stargate when I saw it in theatres, yet cannot find on my DVD copies.

When the jibe was re-interated in the pilot for the TV series, it confirmed to me that the remark had indeed been made in the feature film. In the film, Colonel O'Neil snaps a remark, something to the effect of, "...happy here on Planet Kawalsky" to Major Kawalsky. In the TV show pilot, Kawalsky comments on the precariousness of their situation by muttering "Another fine day on Planet Kawalsky!"
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Apr 18 2004, 10:52 PM Wrote:Now you have me pondering over the "Planet Kawalsky" reference that I remember hearing in Stargate when I saw it in theatres, yet cannot find on my DVD copies.
They took that out? I liked that little bit of banter. :angry:

Wish i knew more about SG: Atlantis than the single commercial for it shows (ooh, seaweed!). I'm kind of leery of spinoffs...

Also, am I the only one who thinks the new president (introduced this last season) is damn cool?

EDIT: Roland, you're saying that line was removed from the movie on DVD, or the series? If the former, I'm pretty sure I have the movie on VHS laying around somewhere, and I can check for you...
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
I'm too pretty to be Roland. ;)

To answer your question, I cannot find the Planet Kawalsky line in the movie's DVD.

The remark is on the TV show pilot. It's presence there confirmed to me that O'Neill did say it once— in the movie.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Doh, I got Roland and Rhydderch mixed up? :o

Yumm... toe taste good...

I'm gonna have to dig out my VHS copy and watch it tonight.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Another battle has opened up in this war:

I bought the Season 1 DVD set for The A-Team. In the episode "A Small and Deadly War", Murdock delivers a singing telegram to Captain Stark. In this DVD version, the syndicated TV version, Stark slaps away Murdock's hand and interrupts the somng after Murdock has recited the verse, "...they put you in a little box, then cover you over with dirt and rocks..."

I remember a version where Murdock is able to say a verse after this one, something to the effect of "...and the worms go in, the worms come out..." and then Stark stops Murdock's singing.

These guys sure better as hell not cut the "Bogey the Bear" song. I love that kid. Too bad he bites the bullet.