need help
ummm I clicked on a goat shrine and it said "you grow weaker while others grow stronger" and when I clicked on my character button I noticed that all my resists were at zero, I had max resist for all three of them. I have tryed to ask people on battlenet, but they don't help much. Can I get my resists back. I have tryed to buy new rings but all three resist stay at zero. Can anybody help me. I don't want to start over, I worked my butt off to get where I am now.

holyterminator
Sounds like a Tainted Shrine's effect.

That doesn't have anything to do with resists. If all your resists are at zero, then it's possible that you are wearing the unique helm Gotterdamerung. This piece of equipment negates your resists(sets to 0), and no other piece of equipment can add to your resistances. If you take it off, you should be able to get some resists.

If you're not wearing gotterdamerung, then thats kind of wierd.

You don't really want to be clicking on goat shrines or cauldrons though, because they could be a Fascinating/Ornate/Sacred shrine, which causes you to lose 20% (?) mana for 2 spell level increase on silly little spells like firebolt/holybolt/chargedbolt.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Tainted has another message.
The one that comes closest to what he reported is "Some are weakened as one grows strong", which means he hit a mysterious shrine.
That shrine does not touch resistances either though.

First thing that comes to mind is the gotterdammerung too. Are you sure you did not hit a shrine with the message "all mysteries are revealed in the light of reason"?
That would identify the gotterdammerung and put your resist to zero no matter how many resistance items you equip.

Another possible explanation ( but it's a long shot) would be that you lost strength in the mysterious shrine and you are no longer able to equip your resistance gear ( if it is your armor and weapons giving you the resistances this is possible).
It would show on your graphic too of course, since you would go back to your "naked" picture.
but he tried new equipment. That indaicates that something was put on. He had atleast enoguh strength to use the new items.

It's an identified gotty. I stake my reputation on it if he's ligit.
The wind has no destination.
All I can suggest is to take off all of your gear and then see what your resists are like. If they are still at 0 then I'm afraid you're out of luck. <_<
DravenII,Apr 16 2004, 09:33 AM Wrote:All I can suggest is to take off all of your gear and then see what your resists are like. If they are still at 0 then I'm afraid you're out of luck.&nbsp; <_<
If the resists without any equipment are NOT zero then I'd suggest there's something really messed up there ;) Remember, in Diablo I naked = no resists.

I'd suggest trying one piece at a time and see what happens.
Doh! Sorry about that. Diablo 1 n00b all over again here.