A variant Idea based on "Kill Bill Vol. 1"
Since movies are my life I always seemto come up with builds based on them. I hope no one gets to annoyed by this LOL.

---- "The Bride" tag (BRI-): An assassin
Note This is a character whom has a personal vendetta therefore She must work alone. She may be in a game with others present so that she can interact, but she may NOT party with anyone. A "Friendly Fire" team of brides would be suitable.

The story.
It is a nice warm afternoon in a small villiage near the Rouge encampment. It is a happy day since you are going to marry the man you love and you are ripe with child.

Soon the happy cerimony is torn apart by the 5 remaining members of the Harrogathian Death Squad (you were the 6th member). They enter the tiny church and kill everyone there and leave you for dead.

4 years later.

You wake up screaming. It appears you have been in a coma for quite some time. You are no longer pregnant and the last thing you remember is the leader of the Death squad shooting an arrow into your head.
You had barely enough time to let the leader know that he is in fact the father of the child before you blacked out.

Now four years later you are lying in a rundown hospital in the rouge encampment, your future husband and child are gone. You are weak and angry and the only thing on your mind is "Kill Baal".

THE BUILD

Before finding Baal you must dispose of the 4 others whom were present that day, Andariel Duriel, Mephisto and Diablo. You wake up very weak and weaponless. (remove your sheild and weapon, sell it if you like).

--You are going to have to build up your strength so you cannot carry a weapon until level 6.

--The bride requires the use of both hands to fight so NO Sheilds.

--You are skilled with two tpes of weapons: Blades and Swords.
For your purposes "Blades" refer to any dagger class or katars. Once you reach level 6 you may use any blade or sword that you previosly found or will find.

--The Bride is nimble and able to dodge almost anything so at least two points in DEX are required at each level up.

--You have only one major goal "Kill Baal" so you may only do quests that will get you closer to the goal until you reach "Practice mode" explained later. Therefore in act 1 for instance the only goal you may do is kill Andariel regardless of what that coward Flavie says.

--Waypoints, scrolls and shrines may be used at your descresion.
--Mercs cannot be used. This is your vendetta no one else's.

--The only way you may "Kill Baal" is by using a unique sword. You may get this sword anyway you wish as long as it doesn't come from another character. You must find it, gamble for it or craft it.

--Once you start using this sword, it will be the only weapon you may use. You do not require it to kill anyone other than Baal so may not want to use one right away. If you aren't using it then sell it or drop it or give it away. You cannot keep it or trade it.

--Once you start using your sword of choice, then you are in "practice mode". You may now return to any previous quest that you skipped in order to practise with your new weapon.
Note these quests must be previouly skipped quests either by order or by geography. You decide.

--Example you find a unique sword in the great marsh and you start using it. If you haven't yet reached the flayer jungle, then you cannot get the gidbin.
If you did previously enter the flayer jungle then go ahead and get the gidbin.
I hope that makes sense.
Once you start to continue on your quest, practice is over. and play resumes as normal.

--If you come across a new unique sword and wish to use it, you may do so freely, and now you may practise with it again. You must get rid of the old one.

Any other items may be used as long as you found it bought it gambled it crafted it imbued it or whatever. You cannot accept gifts. (This is in keeping with usual Role playing or variant types)

--On to the Skills. In general, no skill that suggests magic (etherial is a type of magic (my opinion)) may be used.

--You may however use ethereial damage on your weapons or other items such as gems, but not the skills.

--The Bride does not use traps. The Bride does not use elemental or magic. The Bride will not hide from her opponents She lets everyone know that she is coming.

Therefore the following skills are forbidden and may only be used for prerequisits or synergies.

--TRAPS: None. Even blade sheild suggests magic (my opinion)of some kind

--Martial Arts: The only attack allowed is Tiger Strike. Cobra Strike suggests magic (my opinion) of some kind. All finishing moves are acceptable Except for Dragon Tail since it does fire damage. Dragon flight can be seen as just "moving very quickly"

--Shadow disiplines: No Psycic Hammer. No Cloak of Shadows. No Mind Blast.

--Fade is acceptable, since resistances can be built up physically
--Venom is fine (Poison is not magic)
--Shadows are fine as well since they are mirrors of yourself, they too would have the same vendetta.

--Once you have killed Baal in normal then ideally your quest is over and you can go back and complete any quest you skipped.

If you do wish to keep going in nightmare then the quest starts over with some exceptions

1. You can keep the unique sword that you used to kill Ball. Once you find a blade or other sword that you would like to use then dispose of the unique sword you used in normal.

2. Play continues from this point on an you did in normal difficulty.

3. Note you can keep the same sword you used in Normal for nightmare Ball if you wish but you will never get to Practise.

I am trying this one out as BRI-Uma on uswest. My account is *gragoul
If you are gonna try it out let me know please.
and if you have any questions let me know or post here.
Interesting idea. But do you think youl last long?
No but technically the quest is done when you finish normal. Anyway that is what I am finding out right now
Death becomes you, Andariel. My single-player bride just used her tiger-style dragon talon technique to slay Andariel at level 12. (I let the fallen who followed me in live) She dropped a bloodfist, which will no doubt come in handy.

Questions:

Burst of Speed is acceptable, correct?
Can she use non-skill elemental damage, such as a lightning charm? (I assume poison is acceptable from any source)

I'm not sure I understand the Unique sword rules. If a unique sword drops, I must either:

A ) start using it, go into practice mode, and not use any other weapon again unless I find another unique sword
B ) dispose of it

I can't stash it and start using it later, correct?

And If I'm not yet using a unique sword when I'm ready to "KiLL BaaL", Is there anything in particular I should do to find one? Just kill act bosses? Start over from the beginning? Do Throne of Destruction runs? Have my Shadow Warrior assist me in seppuku?

-- frink