DRUID PELtS
hey...i havnt played in a year...n you used to be able to buy druid helms in act 2....did they take it off????? i cant seem to find any druid pelts anywhere now
As far as I know (and have seen), Elzix no longer sells Druid Pelts. *sigh* I suppose it's only fair, though, since no other class-specific armors (or weapons, besides Assassin Claws) are sold at any vendors.

The best place to find Druid Pelts would probably, then, be through killing a bunch of monsters, like much of the rest of the game. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
hahha alrite man thanks!!!!
hey then why they still sel things for assasins!!
I would venture the reason they sell Assassin Claws is that there are several specific Assassin skills that require claws to function, meaning that Assassins technically need their claws to be readily available. No other class can make the same claim about their class-specific item.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
homey_v,Apr 13 2004, 12:33 AM Wrote:hahha alrite man thanks!!!!
Suggestion: read the forum FAQ's and guidelines. If you act quickly, you may even avoid a big flaming lynching at the hands of a Lounging Lurking Mob.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Oh look Gekko...no mob.
Noone cares! Probably as they have no idea what you're on about.

With regard to what exactly were you complaining?
Quote: Oh look Gekko...no mob.
Because he handled the situation.

Quote:Noone cares!
Ah, yes, apathy. It's not just a word, it's a way of life.™

Quote:Probably as they have no idea what you're on about.
Read his post carefully. Not that carefully, wouldn't want you to strain yourself.

Quote:With regard to what exactly were you complaining?
Look towards the top of his post. Note the quoted material (looks similar to everything you've said, in the blue box) and the original post. Note the the lack of quality/effort put into them. Read the Etiquette and Rules. If you are unable to spot the discrepency between the quality of most posts here and original poster's, then the Lounge just might not be the right place for you.
@Daemon:
I actually completely agree with gekko and Obi2Kenobi in terms of the grammar/spelling issue; when in Rome, do as the Romans do, and it turns out the Romans here make pretty darn good posts. If what you're saying isn't worth editing to promote clarity and ease of comprehension, then it's probably worth saying on the battle.net forums.* :) Not so much so here.

I probably should have pointed something out in my original responses, but I was hoping it would all blow over and quickly fall off the front page. gekko was correct to call the original poster on the problems with his posts, though; can't learn if you don't know you're doing something wrong.

* All disparaging remarks towards the battle.net forums should be understood as purely in jest. :)
*Sigh*

If so say you all...so be it.

But I personally see it as somewhat niggling (the only major complaint I have ever seen levelled against the LL in general since its reinception, in fact, minor as it is) - never let it be said I am for slipshod standards, but not everyone speaks english as a first language, and so may not even be aware they have even made an error.

I generally withhold my vitriol for people who's posts cannot in fact be understood - if you can see what he is saying with little enough effort, what's the issue?
Quote:but not everyone speaks english as a first language, and so may not even be aware they have even made an error.

Which is why I am for gentle correction if their errors seem unintentional (ie: not "OMG how do u d00dz do that!!!") the first time, and then bring out the vitriol if no effort is made.
Agreed.
But
Quote:hahha alrite man thanks!!!!
didn't seem to fall into the 'lazy 1337 kiddy' category. Just a fellow showing his appreciation.
I disagree. "hey then why they still sel thing for assasins!!" is not english. Period. Just because I can, if I choose to do so, figure out what the poster meant, does not mean it was legible.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Doesn't not capitalizating sentences properly fall under the lazy category? And if someone knows the "alrite" version of "alright", I'm sure they know the correct one as well. I do find the number of exclamation marks interesting though. Looks like Adams was on to something. :)

You probably know this already, but:
Quote:Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Therefore it's not difficult to make a legible post, but I think unless one is making a good point (ie. other than "I'm too lazy to care about my posts") with one's bad style of writing one should keep things proper. Besides, it's in the forum's etiquette link.

I don't even know why I'm writing this, after all you agree that the forum posts should be written in real English (with non-native exceptions) and I agree that his posts were completely legible with almost minimum effort involved. I still say he was lazy, though. :)
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
yesitishardtopostherebutigenerallyfindthatitswortitsincethisisthebestsourceofinformationouttheresodoeverythingtopleasethosewhohavethisinformationsincetheyareamonopolyandyoupaythemwithpostingthewaytheyappreciate.

and also,

itisbesthatroguebehaviorisstoppedintimeeventhoughitmakesthepostshardtofollowbutiguessitisnotmucheasiertofollowthisonesothere.
oh, hush.