Need items ? Full rejuvie potions ?
Okay-- in my quest to prepare for Hell level's (uh, challenging) might, i've done some runs across the many levels of NM..... and i have found the best stuff in Act Five, Glacial Trail.

yeah, you might think taking on Mephisto or The Council would get you high-octane stuff. nope.

the Pit Vipers on the Glacial Trail consistently dropped Rejuvie or Full Rejuvie potions. and in one session i found a Set Item and a Unique Ancient Shield. there are also plenty of high level plain old blue magic items to sell for big-time gold.... (you wouldn't leave a pile of 5,000 gp on the ground, so why leave that Jagged Star?)

just my two cents. -= Heat Miser =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Quote:(you wouldn't leave a pile of 5,000 gp on the ground, so why leave that Jagged Star?)

Because a Jagged Star takes up 3 spaces in your inventory while gold takes up none...

Quote:you might think taking on Mephisto or The Council would get you high-octane stuff. nope.

Actually it does if you do it enough...

This is a good place for full rejuves, but other than that there isn't much of a reason to run it.

I guess my two cents makes this thread worth $0.04... :P
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
Heat Miser,Apr 10 2004, 12:08 AM Wrote:the Pit Vipers on the Glacial Trail consistently dropped Rejuvie or Full Rejuvie potions.
Before 1.10, I would have demanded to know what you were drinking. Sad...That is the one thing I hate most about 1.10. Monsters being where they should not be, like kangaroos on an Illinois highway.

Six cents!
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
lol, one time there were four of us going to try to take on Baal on Nightmare (me, enchantress w/ meteor level 44 then, a frozen orber level 51, a whirlwinder level 50, another sorceress who alternated between Charged Bolt and Meteor...) When we reached the throne room 3 of us got killed by Bartuc (the Council Member)... the party disintegrated! one immediately quit, one timed out, and the two of us kept trying to recover our bodies...

talk about shortcuts... both of us saved and exited... :D

i guess my post's worth is 4.5 pesos (1 U.S. dollar = 56 Philippine Pesos)... :P
Lady Vashj,Apr 20 2004, 08:14 AM Wrote:That is the one thing I hate most about 1.10.  Monsters being where they should not be, like kangaroos on an Illinois highway.
Oddly enough, that is one of the things I like the most about v1.10 - the fact that when you venture out into Act V you never know what monster will be lurking there. :o

Keeps the game interesting and the challenge level up. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I do like Monster Randomization, but Amphibians in Glacial Trail?
ogot,Apr 20 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:lol, one time there were four of us going to try to take on Baal on Nightmare (me, enchantress w/ meteor level 44 then, a frozen orber level 51, a whirlwinder level 50, another sorceress who alternated between Charged Bolt and Meteor...)  When we reached the throne room 3 of us got killed by Bartuc (the Council Member)... the party disintegrated!  one immediately quit, one timed out, and the two of us kept trying to recover our bodies...

talk about shortcuts... both of us saved and exited... :D
Heh, I remember a similar one, except that it was much more satisfying on my part. At that time I was using my Vidala Acolyte (level 5X, not sure what exactly, using Vidala's set). Most people though I was just a "tag along", until Bartuc showed up.

He made short work of everyone in the party, repeatedly, except me. They then decided it wasn't so bad to wait behind me while my elemental arrows worked on him with Valky tanking like a champ. My character gained a lot of respect that day ^_^
It was a nice idea, but I think that they picked the wrong monsters to put in.

The bloody foothills are a nice example.
What are quill rats & skeleton archers doing siegeing a town
(am I imagining the quill rats? I know that the skeletons are there)

and undead stygians in the worldstone keep? that's sadistic.

-Bob
Quote:and undead stygians in the worldstone keep? that's sadistic.

Fortunately, I've yet to get Stygian Dolls and Horadrim Ancients on the same level (is it possible?).
Quote:Fortunately, I've yet to get Stygian Dolls and Horadrim Ancients on the same level (is it possible?).

Lol, it would be like Ancients resurrecting Mummies, except these were harder to avoid... Unkillable bombs that shred your legs! I don't envy the player who rolls that combo of monsters, if possible...
Quote:Fortunately, I've yet to get Stygian Dolls and Horadrim Ancients on the same level (is it possible?).
Oh yes, it is not only possible but common if you run Baal on Hell. Gloams + unraveler types are not a pleasant combination either.
*remembers his encounter with a Gloam Boss pack with some of worst possible mods (fe+conviction+spectral hit) right next to a Horadrim Ancient boss pack with other worst possible mods (fanat, extra fast, extra strong)...*

:( That was even worse than a CE, FE, Conviction Suicide Minion (exploding boss)

/edit: That reminds me of a mod I played that filled the Cold Plains with Superuniques. I got the misfortune of several Radaments, who could ressurect each other. :P
How about Oblivion Knights and Greater Mummies... Possible?

A boss pack of Oblivion Knights with Conviction, Stygian Doll boss- Cold Enchanted, Extra Fast, Extra Strong, Greater Mummies - Lightning Enchanted, Thorns, Might? Possible?
First off, Thorns isn't a possible aura. The only ones are:
Might, Fanatacism, Holy Freeze, Holy Fire, Holy Shock, Conviction, and Blessed Aim.
Also, as it is listed as "Aura Enchanted", you can only have one aura per boss pack.

Oblivion Knights are treated as Champions for some calculations in the game, so I don't think they could be ressurected. I'm not sure on this one, however.
Bob,Apr 22 2004, 10:13 AM Wrote:and undead stygians in the worldstone keep? that's sadistic.
And the whole reason I've returned to D1.

Seeing the death screen on entry when you have 12 skells + 12 mages +20~ revives and big life, just because a doll was killed right bside you by your mob is not a thing I enjoy in HC.
Then take off some MF and show the WSK a little respect :)

Dolls don't do that much damage in 110, so unless you are cursed to begin with I find my summoner's gear is sufficient to keep him happily chuffing alone through dolls, gloams and FE-exploding bosses.

Besides, D1 is more annyoing that HC D2 will ever be.

HC, death is convieniently final. In D1, that niggling hope that if you stay up for another 4 hours and try, oh try, so hard, to get your stuff back from the horde of stair-camping doggies (using every gold piece you have to your name, risking your secondary gear, friend's character's gear and sanity) you probably can. This despite the fact you were just going to clear ONE more level before going to bed at 2am on a work day :(

I say, stick to D2...and stay out of WSK if you aren't gear-wealthy enough to survive, or bring a party along. A safety setup with 85-90 RA, DR, other (PDR, FHR, block, FBR, etc), random absorb and high vit doesn't really struggle too much - this of course in encumbant upon you having the gear to achieve it.

If dolls are your only concern, of course, then I'd marrowalk myself a decent Bone Armour before I quit the game over them :D
Daemonlaud,Apr 24 2004, 12:41 PM Wrote:In D1, that niggling hope that if you stay up for another 4 hours and try, oh try, so hard, to get your stuff back from the horde of stair-camping doggies (using every gold piece you have to your name, risking your secondary gear, friend's character's gear and sanity) you probably can.  This despite the fact you were just going to clear ONE more level before going to bed at 2am on a work day :(
Been there, done that, got the souvenir t-shirt.

And then, having learned a wee bit of game mechanics, I started to carry the self-rescue kit. Two rings of the dark and one infravision scroll. Three slots in the inventory. And that's it. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ROFL...never can say I tried that. My recovery techniques all involved bluster and boldness, walking in with staves of apoc, MS and a tonne of +magic gear to try and cut a path to my poor rogue's cadaver from the rear exit, or (hopefully) the emergency TP I had placed.
What MF? It was zero. I play HC.

And yes, a safety setup does not struggle, that's the idea. But stair trapped with instadeath critters prior to load completing, due to my minions killing to fast? Ah well, I suppose I should move to the U.S. to get a decent connection :/
Bob,Apr 21 2004, 05:13 PM Wrote:and undead stygians in the worldstone keep? that's sadistic.

-Bob
Oh, no, it isn't. OKs in the Worldstone Keep are sadistic. Ever been IM'd while Charging or Leap Attacking a Moon Lord?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!