Bards, and HellfireFixed
1 slightly nagging question, and 1 semi-related observation question.

If my bard is equipped with a sword and a mace, and attacks an undead, what is her damage?
Are the damage bonuses multiplied? Dmg * (1.5 *.5) = .75 Dmg
Are they added? Dmg * (1 + .5 - .5) = Dmg
Are they per weapon? (in which case what of the base character damage?)
Or is the damage based on which weapon the on-screen character is holding? (swing mace, +.5, swing sword -.5)

Also, am I slightly off, or has the Bards Mace swing attack speed been given a boost? It seems to me that my bard is swinging her maces just a hair faster than her swords... Undocumented change in Fixed, or am I just a looney....
I checked the Hellfire:Fixed Full readme and it doesn't list any specific changes done to the Bard (save correcting the sweep attack), so I'm assuming that the information seen in Jarulf's Guide concerning the Bard is still the same for this version.

In 5.1 under Monster Type, "If a Bard is holding one sword and one club, the club takes precedence and it counts as having a club, NOT a sword. The modifications are done even if the weapon equipped is red, and thus unusable, due to the requirements not being met."

I would think this would hold true regardless of what weapon the game graphics display you as bearing/swinging also.

Additionally, damage would be (2.2.2):

Bard with any weapon(s) except sword: Str x clvl / 100

So, your Bard should show that's she's doing less damage with the club readied, but that listed damage WILL be increased by 50% versus Undead. Conversely, you'll have that same damage reduced by 50% versus Animals, I believe (i.e., you are considered to have a CLUB readied, you don't get the best of both worlds).

As far as swing speed (2.2.3) the Bard swings Swords and Clubs at the same speed (0.5 for Normal and Readiness, etc.), so there should be no difference. However, when the Bard is using two weapons, she "only benefits from the fastest weapon" as far as Weapon Speed is concerned (3.4 Weapon Speed). So pairing a Swiftness, Speed, or Haste weapon would be a good thing as far as weapon speed is concerned.

As for undocumented fixes, you'd have to consult the source.

Hope that helps some.

Attika
Quote:Also, am I slightly off, or has the Bards Mace swing attack speed been given a boost? It seems to me that my bard is swinging her maces just a hair faster than her swords... Undocumented change in Fixed, or am I just a looney....

I fiddled with Bard's attack speed and attack frameset at one point. After I decided it wasn't doing what I wanted it to, I set the attack speed back to normal. But for some reason I left the attack frameset two frames less than vanilla HF. Maybe I was just too lazy to check what the original value was. As far as I know, a change to the attack frameset shouldn't effect how quickly you swing a Mace compared to any other weapon.

-Lemming
Ok, so I may not be completely looney, there is something I might be seeing, but if I am seeing something different than it doesn't necessarily mean that what I thought was happening is what is really happening.

Right?

Ok, then.

Still prefer the Monk to the Bard, I just don't do that well with 'everything' characters...