Coming Soon™
[Image: redesign.jpg]

The Lurker Lounge will be moving to a content-management system in order to facilitate multiple admins better, allow content authoring (i.e. if you own a strategy guide, you can log in and edit it on the server at any time without knowing a lick of HTML and without needing an admin to do it), and make it a HECK of a lot easier for people to run the site and post news. The current system has people editing HTML by hand and it's a bit much to ask.

This will likely take weeks. The site should operate normally during that time, but if something does need to go down, the forum should be unaffected.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi,

The site should operate normally during that time

The newest jet liner cockpits are designed for a crew consisting of a man and a dog. The man's job is to sit there and talk to the air traffic controllers. The dog's job is to bite the man if he tries to touch any of the controls. :)

Best wishes for a smooooooth transition.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

;)

Take off and landing, and when things go wrong.

That is why there is a man in the loop. Dogs at least don't cheat on their wives with stewardesses, don't get drunk before the flight is supposed to take off, and don't form labor unions. However, their ability to make clever witticisms over the PA system and to argue with controllers about whose slot time they are trying to crowd into.

Cheers.

:)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Sounds neat! But if the forum goes down, shouldn't we have some sort of backup? I know [bI[/b] get withdrawals if I don't check the Lounge a few times a day.

Will you be sticking with the same forum or are you planning to change that as well?

While you're at it, could you do something about the ";)"-smilie? It looks like a Human Genome Project gone seriously, seriously wrong.

(Can you tell I just started playing Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes?)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Remember what happened at diabloii.net not so very long ago?...

You may delude yourselves, but it can happen here. :ph34r:
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Mar 31 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote:Remember what happened at diabloii.net not so very long ago?...

You may delude yourselves, but it can happen here. :ph34r:
*panics*

wget --mirror http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/

*hesitates*

I'm sure Bolty knows what a backup is ^_^

^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H...
I have been helping out with the webpage for the place I intern at, and as far as I can tell, converting the site like you are wanting should not be that hard, but it is a good idea! :) Good luck!
WWBBD?
[ Wrote:Angel,Mar 31 2004, 10:19 AM] Will you be sticking with the same forum or are you planning to change that as well?
The forum shalt not changeth. It is good. Unless something better doth come around.

What's wrong with ;) ?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
It's just that he looks like he's having a seizure, which is not the intended meaning of the smilie.
Additionally, ;) is also quite similar to <_< .. I'd make a smilie myself if I wasn't horribly, horribly incompetent :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
;) looks like someone who just got poked in the eye not someone winking.
Walkiry,Mar 31 2004, 10:43 PM Wrote:I'm sure Bolty knows what a backup is ^_^
They had full backups at dii.net, too. Unfortunately, all the backups were corrupt. :blink:

Sir_Die_alot: ;) <---This is me when I can't find my other contact.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Refactoring is fun.
Unfortunately my colleagues at work have removed my delete key ... for now :P