Open Beta Testing For Lineage II
Hi

I'm one of those who did Not get the magic e-mail to beta test WoW...but life goes on...I will be in the Open beta test for Lineage II :D I read that EQ had 200.000 players & that Lineage 1 had 2 Million plus players, wow that's a lot of MMORPG players !!!

Quote:Lineage 1 launched commercial services in September 1998 after a two year development and "10-month public beta" service period. Presently, Lineage is the biggest online game in the world you can play it in Korea, Taiwan, the U.S., Hong Kong and Japan. It has the world's largest number of registered players.

http://www.wargamer.com/e3_2002/article.as...p?articleID=137

Calling All Lurkers who Never played in a MMORPG...Come join me & be one of 2000 other players on a server...it's Free & Fun, it's a big DL [1.2Gb] you'll want to do this one overnight even if you have DSL :P

Quote:NCsoft Announces Open Beta Testing For Lineage II

Austin, TEXAS, March 24, 2004 - NCsoft ® Corporation (KSE: 036570.KS), the world's leading developer and publisher of online computer games announces plans to begin open beta testing for its soon to be released online game, Lineage ® II : The Chaotic Chronicle . The free open beta period will begin at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on Sunday, March 28 and last approximately one month. The game is scheduled for commercial release on April 28.

Characters Created in Open Beta Test Will Not be Deleted; Competitions and Prizes to Highlight Pre-Release Version of Game.

Lineage II Beta

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi

You can read Gamespot's Full Review of Lineage II here & many others:

Quote:Lineage II Q&A - Gamespot 

- Gamespot - 02/20/2004 

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games let players create a character and then explore a persistent and colorful world with thousands of like-minded adventurers. Groundbreaking games like Ultima Online and EverQuest combined colorful graphics with role-playing features like fighting monsters, gaining experience levels, and outfitting your characters with powerful weapons and armor.

GS: More specifically, does the game have better options for solo players who have limited time in their schedules and can't necessarily commit to hunting parties or a clan? Will Lineage II support solo play all the way into the highest character levels, or will players be forced to join groups and clans at some point to continue their careers?

RK: Lineage II is well balanced for solo play. The balance between party play and solo play is constantly being adjusted. We will always support players who wish to go it alone, even though party play is a special feature of the game.

Gamespot Review

PS: This should hold my interest till World of Warcraft is released :P

Too bad the install file is bugged and they took it down...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Hi

Ouch, I had no problem with the entire set-up. I'm in the Game & it's "Awesome" except that I got PKed already & that is not good, not sure about PK rules...I won't pay to get PKed :(

The interface is similar to EQ with keyboard numbers 1 thru 0 as hot keys & F1 thru F9 for additional hot key banks great for Mages, it's clean & easy to use. The tutorial system is very helpful. Compass upper right, Character stats upper left.

I have a Warrior lv 3, with 1 completed quest, you level-up fast, but that might be for the first 4 levels...at level 5 I will start to train skills.

Movement is still a bit difficult for me, you can move in 3 ways Arrow keys [this is the easiest], Point & Click on the ground or the standard keyboard movement W [foward] A [move left] S [backwards] D [move to the right], the keyboard movement controls the direction of your toons movement as well as the Camera view. You have 2 views, 3rd person or first person.

Melee is easy, you target the Mob with your cursor & and double click on it...or I can hit #1 Hotkey on the keyboard to Attack, #2 Select next target & #3 Pick up the loot...> Next I will create a Elf magic caster :D

Quote:My plans for my Human Fighter, which are called "Class Transfers"

HumanFighters...Have 3 choices for their first Class transfer, Warrior, Human Knight or Rogue.

*Human Knight, Class Transfer #1

Human Knights receive training on the military arts from a government organization (or an organization of equal capacity). Therefore, in order to become a Human Knight, a character must register with a Knight guild located near a lords castle. Knights consider honor their top priority and are prepared to sacrifice their life for their country and king. A one-handed sword and shield are their basic equipment.

Playstyle:

The Knight class is specialized for close physical combat with an emphasis on defense. Their defense skills are excellent and their "Self-Heal" skill allows them to hunt for a longer period of time without the assistance of a companion. In party play, Knights focus on attracting monsters attacks and attention to themselves - allowing other party members to focus on dealing damage to make the killing blow.

*Final Class Transfer #2 [2 choices]

Paladin 

The Paladin prays for the power of the holy gods to protect all precious things in battle and to defeat the evil spirits that appear before him. Healing himself through Holy Blessing, the Paladin uses Hate Aura to protect his fellow party members.

***OR***

Avenger 

Unlike the Paladin who uses mostly white magic, the Avenger uses black magic to vex his opponents. He absorbs the physical strength from corpses using Life Scavenge and emanates attack points with Reflect Damage

Character Build

ps: I'm on "Bartz" server...character name "Nankor"

Actually it seems only the Sectional Client is bugged, the full package is still good but it the server seems to be flooded.

I was able to start downloading but 3 seconds later my internet disconnected (my internet is doing me troubles lately) and now when I finally got the internet back up I'm unable to download

UPDATE: Whee, started downloading in a rate of 22kb/s (max is 99, argh), if the download will not be disrupted I'll have the beta in 14 hours
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I was going to give this a try, but then I got some feedback from a few beta-testers... Lineage II doesn't sound like it will be very customizable (character-wise) and revolves around loot...

I think I'll stick with the highly-customizable, lootless (well, almost) and extremely action-packed MMORPG I'm with now. B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
actually the drop system in lineage 2 sucks horribly. monsters almost never drop anything but gold.
Signatures suck
bschultz,Mar 28 2004, 11:45 PM Wrote:actually the drop system in lineage 2 sucks horribly.  monsters almost never drop anything but gold.
When you don't have the Gold which is WoW, you settle for the Silver which is Lineage 2 B)
WarLocke,Mar 28 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:I was going to give this a try, but then I got some feedback from a few beta-testers...  Lineage II doesn't sound like it will be very customizable (character-wise) and revolves around loot...

I think I'll stick with the highly-customizable, lootless (well, almost) and extremely action-packed MMORPG I'm with now.  B)
Hi

Which MMORPG are you in WarLocke ?

I agree there are only...>4 Race, 2 Class, 2 Gender, 4 Hair styles, 2 Hair colors [Light & Lighter], 2 Facail expressions<...so If you try all possible combinations...you have 256 different characters, that All look alike. My Warrior looks like Brad Pitt, I love the ORC look, but I don't like the Big ears on my Elf, I'm 6'2" in RL, playing a Dwarf should be fun :P

Loot/Rewards are a part of this and many other games, in some games loot is used for crafting, or you sell loot to buy Better armor & weapons ETC, I can't imagine a game without a Reward system of some kind unless it's a FPS or Sim!

This is a very simple RPG, so simple you don't choose where to put your XP & Skill points, the game does it for you. At a higher level you get to Choose a Spell or Skill but I think that's it. You had more choices in Diablo 1.

Well I'm off to L2 for some more free Fun & killing & looting...or I can play the MU Open Beta I'm in where I have Fun killing & looting or I can Play Asherons Call 1 as I have for the past 4 years, where I have Fun killing & looting...DiTo for Diablo 2...hmmm If there were No rewards I would just be killing things, since crafting in Not my Thing :P

Here's another update because we all know how you all wish to know what I'm going through:

Due to a few quarrels with the Lineage 2 servers I got disconnected and am now downloading it from bit torrent (d/c me now you hellish server spawn of the underworld!!!)
TaiDaishar,Mar 28 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:Here's another update because we all know how you all wish to know what I'm going through:

Due to a few quarrels with the Lineage 2 servers I got disconnected and am now downloading it from bit torrent (d/c me now you hellish server spawn of the underworld!!!)
Hi

Sorry your Not in yet, keep trying it's worth the trouble, read the same Old story below, If only we knew that so many players were going to respond "BS" !!! :D

You do get Skill points for Training Skills I have 133 SP @ lv 5 & would like to train the "Rest" skill to increase Healing while sitting But it costs 160SP...so far so good not too much down time due to healing...Not sure if there's any Health potions in this game, still learning & looking for Items & shops that sell stuff :D

Quote: Due To Popular Demand! 03/28/2004 

Due to the unprecedented demand for Lineage II, we will be bringing up another server later in the week (that is this coming week of March 29 - April 4). We expected a huge turnout for the Open Beta, but the sheer number of players on the present servers has greatly exceeded our expectations! Therefore, we want to let everyone know that we are working on it. In the meantime, keep an eye here and on the Message Boards for more announcements and information.

You might also want to check out the Forum for answers to your problems :rolleyes:

Lineage II Official Message Boards

Once my download would be finished we'll need to meet and team up somewhere :)
TaiDaishar,Mar 29 2004, 12:36 AM Wrote:Once my download would be finished we'll need to meet and team up somewhere :)
Hi

Sounds like a plan :D

A few things, once you get set up and start the Client the first thing you see is a small Gif. in the middle of your desktop...them you will get a Black screen & it will stay black for as long as 30 seconds so don't Panic, it's not the Black screen of death...next your at the "Log In" if it does not take you to the create character screen, Click it again once every 5 or 10 seconds as soon as someone logs off you'll get on.

There are 3 severs and a 4th will be added this week...Make 1 toon on each sever, that way if 2 servers are down you still have a toon to play with :P

I just started a Orc, they are cool !!! ;)

Thanks for the all the advices, my download will be finished in around 4-5 hours (god I hate slow downloading).

I will probably make an Orc Mystic so we could team up together :)

In fact I would probably ditch all warriors and always go the Mytic path because magic>brute strength anyday :P
Woohoo, download finished and I'm now installing (god the purging I had to do to clear enough space...).

Anyway, where and how could I find you lurkers? (name and server)
So, let me get this straight:
I have to sign up for the open beta, by providing them with an email address, which they will send a serial code to?

How long am I supposed to wait for this email? does it just ignore any address which ends in '@hotmail.com'? or is it just slow? (It's a good 5 minutes and I've not recieved one.)
I'll be a bit peeved if I've done most of a 1.2 Gb d/l just to find that it won't let me sign up with my email address.

Actually, I'll be very peeved if my d/l stops in a few minutes because my ISP did decided to put a 1Gb per day transfer limitation on, very annoyed infact - 1Gb/day is NOT unlimited... hmm infact it's just stalled, although my other internet functions are OK, perhaps it'll start again.

-Bob
Well, It took me around 3 days to get it all set up, and I do use a hotmail account. Just be patient.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
TaiDaishar,Mar 28 2004, 10:21 PM Wrote:Here's another update because we all know how you all wish to know what I'm going through:

Did the torrent work for you?
Because the dl from the Lineage site is horrible, so if you could guide us in the right direction to the torrent? :)
I ditched the torrent because it was incredibly slow, what I did was get a download manager (Download Accelerator Plus) and download it from the site, you won't get disconnected this way and if you do get disconnected it'll automatically redownload it.

By the way:

Server: Sieghardt

Account name: TaiDaishar

Char name: Takizis (dark elf)
King Jim,Mar 28 2004, 11:15 PM Wrote:
WarLocke,Mar 28 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:I was going to give this a try, but then I got some feedback from a few beta-testers...  Lineage II doesn't sound like it will be very customizable (character-wise) and revolves around loot...

I think I'll stick with the highly-customizable, lootless (well, almost) and extremely action-packed MMORPG I'm with now.  B)
Hi

Which MMORPG are you in WarLocke ?
The same one as me.

It's another one that NCSoft is publishing, about a month left until release.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->