Classic Posts
Stumbled over this chestnut from Sirian back in march '01 (who remembers 1.05? :P ) a parody of the response he got to one of the anti-twinking posts he made.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/messag...ageid=983904841
LOL! :D
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Wiccan,Mar 24 2004, 11:43 AM Wrote:LOL! :D
<_< Hmfff

----

I got this message:
"For FREE access to this site:

Wait 30 seconds and click 'yes' to accept our agreements to install your FREE Network54 Entrypass, which gives you unrestricted access to this site, or

Wait 30 seconds and click 'no' for temporary access. Without Network54 Entrypass, sometime in the future this site will be blocked by this page and you may be denied site access."

And the pop-up said "GAIN publishing", which I know is spyware.

I've always wanted to read that "Get a life-remark"-discussion again. It was the absurdity of the phrase "Get a life." Does anyone else remember it?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I don't remember 1.05, but that thread sure rings a bell. I would have to say that ultimately the twinkers won. The more recent patches seem to be balanced more for them than for the Sirians of the world.
Quote:You are supposed to only die when necessary, when your HP is dangerously low.
While it's nice to be able to go through the old LL posts on Network54, it's certainly not worth putting up with the crud from GAIN to get it.

Maybe Bolty could transfer the old site to this server? Otherwise, I think he should kill it. Being defiled by GAIN is no end for the glorious old LL!

-rcv-
Quote:You are supposed to only die when necessary, when your HP is dangerously low.

What an enlightening discovery! :)

Shows how much we knows back then. B)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
channel1,Mar 25 2004, 03:07 PM Wrote:it's certainly not worth putting up with the crud from GAIN to get it.
Try using a decent browser :P

I haven't seen a popup since I switched to Mozilla.
whyBish,Mar 25 2004, 07:19 AM Wrote:Try using a decent browser :P

I haven't seen a popup since I switched to Mozilla.
...but I think I will be replacing my love. Of course, it is kind of like replacing a girlfriend with her identical twin because you like the looks but something just feels a little better with her sister. I am speaking of replacing my browser of choice, Netscape, with Mozilla Firefox. I finally got curious enough to go take a look at Mozilla and discovered the preview version of Firefox. She has the things I like about Netscape with just subtle little additions/improvements. Although it is probably the giddiness of the first date with a new love, she just feels "crisper". She seems to respond to actions just a little faster and things seem to hit the screen quicker. I haven't even had a chance to check out her best feature, popup blocking. I guess I'll have to hit some pr0n sites to test the blocking. I hope she doesn't get jealous at what I am trying to load. Jealousy so early in a relationship is just not a good thing. :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Hmm. Interesting.

My biggest gripe about Firebird was that it was slow as hell to respond to hyperlink clicks. I would have to double-click links in order to tell the damn program that, yes, I want to click that link so do so already or you're going to have a meeting with the Recycle Bin.

Then it had a meeting with the Recycle Bin. Unfortunately, Firebird's final curse was to change the file associations of nearly every single type of image file and HTML document, even the stuff I don't handle with IE. Took me a week to get everything back to the way it was, and I hate that in a program.

No way in hell am I going to download this and use it unless there's a way to cleanly uninstall it and reassociate all of my file associations. Maybe I'll try bombing it on my sister's laptop, hyuck hyuck.

Edit: And another annoying thing. I understand how profiles work and all, but that's for different people using Firebird/fox. I have multiple accounts on my computer, and when last I used Firebird it decided that all of the user accounts should use Firebird by default as well. And, Jesus as my saviour, I have enough trouble trying to teach my mother and sister to use IE without their default browser spontaneously turning into something else unfamiliar.

And I haven't seen a pop-up in months either. Google Toolbar does this without raping my file associations and default settings :P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hmmm, I did a bunch of surfing with it and I haven't had it miss a single click. The only file associations that it changed were those that had always been associated with Netscape such as html, gif and jpeg. Even for those, it only changed the program associated with open. It left preview to the windows viewer and edit to the program I previously used for editing. I also don't know at what point it did that. It did not install itself as the default browser. I had to go into options to set it as the default browser (after saying no to default in setup) but I don't know if it waited until then to associate the open command for web files. I also chose custom setup but don't remember anything that would have told it yes or no to the associations, other than the already mentioned offer to set it as the default browser. If it did change some association that I haven't noticed yet, it is so easy to change back that I no longer even sweat it. With all the things I download and try, my associations change almost daily so I have become pretty used to just changing them back.

All I can say is that I like it. If anyone else wants to take a look, realize that it is a preview and a work in progress. Also remember that it is basically an open source version of Netscape so IE devotees will probably hate it. YMMV.

Edit: Re: Changing default web browser - IE did the exact same thing to me on one of our computers. It insisted on being the default for everyone or noone. I finally gave up on trying to set Netscape as my default and IE for everyone else. IE would always reclaim its "rights" whenever someone else used IE on their account.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
NiteFox,Mar 25 2004, 04:09 AM Wrote:My biggest gripe about Firebird was that it was slow as hell to respond to hyperlink clicks.&nbsp; I would have to double-click links in order to tell the damn program that, yes, I want to click that link so do so already or you're going to have a meeting with the Recycle Bin.
Have you tried the latest build of Firefox? It's very sleek right now. For me, it's much faster than IE.

Quote:Unfortunately, Firebird's final curse was to change the file associations of nearly every single type of image file and HTML document, even the stuff I don't handle with IE.&nbsp; Took me a week to get everything back to the way it was, and I hate that in a program.

:blink:
I didn't have this problem, and I've installed 3 or 4 different versions of it.

I have nothing but love for Firefox. It's by far the best browser I've ever used. IE w/ Google toolbar is also nice, but I love the way that I can customise the HELL out of Firefox to get it looking just right for me.
This is one of the many reasons the Lounge LEFT Network54. And no, rcv, there's really no way those posts could be integrated here, unless someone wrote one heck of a neat program that could extract all the data out of the N54 forum.

Even if they did, THE Thread would probably blow it up :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.