Diablo II Poll March 24, 2004
Hi

I hope this is not a Dup Subject, I don't see it below...if so please delete :D

Quote: Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Diablo II defeats Fallout 2
Wednesday, March 17, 2004, 12:02 | TheAcolyte |

The poll has ended and Diablo II beat its latest opponent in GameSpy's Title Fight mega-feature by almost twice as many votes. Fallout 2's post-apocalyptic world was no match for the Prime Evils.

The final match for the Azeroth bracket begins on March 24, 2004 and our next matchup is Diablo II versus StarCraft. With the amazing popularity of these two Blizzard games this could be a close match, so don't forget to vote! 

http://www.planetdiablo.com/#PQN457736

VIEW THE POLL BRACKET HERE !

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hmmm Diablo2 lasts longer and has more online potential. StarCraft has a plot and intriguing characters.

My vote is on StarCraft.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Mar 23 2004, 02:56 PM] Hmmm Diablo2 lasts longer and has more online potential. StarCraft has a plot and intriguing characters.

My vote is on StarCraft.
I think both games, Diablo II and StarCraft, last longer than WOW :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Boo!

Had it been Diablo II versus Fallout, or Diablo versus Fallout, I believe the results would have been different. Fallout 2, simply put, sucked compared to the original. It was VERY unbalanced (either too hard, or too easy, depending on if you made a beeline for the Power Armor in Navarro), it's an RP-heavy game (compared to the RP-light Diablo II), and it doesn't even HAVE a multiplayer component.

I'd rather have seen Diablo II pitted against Dungeon Siege or a game like it. Two action RPGs with strong multiplayer components would be interesting.

As for the current poll, Starcraft is going to crush Diablo II. At one point, I remember hearing StarCraft as being one of the most popular (and definitely one of the best-selling) games of all time. And on top of this: I still play StarCraft daily, while I haven't played Diablo II in nearly a year.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
*ahem*

Not only is Diablo II facing Starcraft, but Counter-Strike ( :blink: :blink: ) won the "Extra Life" vote, to be put in that same vote tomorrow. Battle Royale!

My vote is for Starcraft, though :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
I'm sorry, I liked D2 very much, but I'm going to pick Starcraft. Such is the way of things.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)